PDA

View Full Version : help my car is messed up

89AccordLvr
07-04-2003, 09:50 AM
alright here' s the deal my car was running fine about 2 days ago. all of a sudden the battery gets weak yesterday. no biggy i gave it charge up and it wuz fine .. started fine and everything. today was the big problem i was driving to work and then my lights get very weak and all of a sudden the motor dies out and everything. now hours later ... i gave a jump it starts but when i take the cables out the car feels like its goin to die out like when i give it gas the filter makes a bad noise and then it pops like backfiring then i press the brakes and the car dies. give jump again press the brakes car dies, so i disconnect a fuse the was rewiring . so i start to driving it toward my mechanic and i had to give a jump bout 4 times cuz it kept just dying every other light. does anyone have any idea what could be the problem . is it an alternator or fuel injection is not mixing right with the motor since i have a breather and an intake. What could it be .. HELP:sadwave:

Wild LX-i
07-04-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure what your problem is, but with all that charging and recharging it sounds like an alternator problem. It happened to me when i had a mazda mx-6.

89AccordLvr
07-04-2003, 10:01 AM
yea im thinkin its the alternator because while chargin my intake sounds fine and does make any weird sounds but when i take the cables out and when i give it some gas its starts rumbling and when i press more gas it makes a POP like backfire

pimp86LX
07-04-2003, 10:52 AM
IMO alternator, but check all wiring that seems important. LIke ground strap and stuff.

89AccordLvr
07-04-2003, 11:03 AM
yea thanx