PDA

View Full Version : Pi$$ed Off!!!!!!

jlaccord89lxi
07-04-2003, 04:25 PM
so i bought a new (remanufactured) power steering rack last week, and my friends dad and brother went to put it on for me today while i was at work. They got it completely installed except for the very last power steering fluid line that goes into the gear box. They had left the caps on the 4 holes where the 4 lines go so that no dirt would get in there and possibly ruin the new rack. They got 3 lines done and when they got to the last one, the threaded hole was dented inwards so badly that even a tap wouldn't of helped it :mad:. I don't know how that could have happened, but either way, its a piss off cause now we have to uninstall that rack, and reinstall my old one and wait till the middle of next week for another one to come from montreal:mad: . You'd think they would check this stuff before they remanufacture it, instead of just giving it a fresh coat of black paint, throwing it in a box, and saying its new again. PISSED!!!!!!:burn:

BITESIZE
07-04-2003, 04:54 PM
I had to replace my rack, I know how hard it is. I'm sorry to hear that. Old people shouldn't work on cars, they should sit at home and watch Matlock.

jlaccord89lxi
07-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BITESIZE
I had to replace my rack, I know how hard it is. I'm sorry to hear that. Old people shouldn't work on cars, they should sit at home and watch Matlock.

well, it wasn't my friends dad's fault. It would of been dented in shipping or even when it was on the car that it originally came from. Who knows how long it was on the shelf in some storage room...the box was in horrible shape so i'm guessing it took more than a few tumbles.

cruznz
07-05-2003, 03:53 AM

....and at what age, do you consider to be "old"...:confused: bloody young whipper snappers...:flip: ..........:smokin:

zero.counter
07-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Old people shouldn't work on cars, they should sit at home and watch Matlock.

ROFLMAO...:lol Sorry could not help it.

jlaccord89lxi, that sucks. What you said may have some truth behind it. Goto a junkyard, pick-n-pull the part, take it to the "WAREHOUSE", sandblast the f@cker and paint it with aeresol paint, then send it off to the customer. I would hope you are not going to incur any further charges.

jlaccord89lxi
07-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
ROFLMAO...:lol Sorry could not help it.

jlaccord89lxi, that sucks. What you said may have some truth behind it. Goto a junkyard, pick-n-pull the part, take it to the "WAREHOUSE", sandblast the f@cker and paint it with aeresol paint, then send it off to the customer. I would hope you are not going to incur any further charges.

oh hell no...i told them that all i'm gonna do is bring back the "new" one and exchange it for the other new one that they are ordering in for me. Then, once that gets installed, i will take back the original one off my car and get back my core charge ($135 CDN)...if they give me any hassle, they'll be getting hell :burn: