PDA

View Full Version : Need Adive on speakers.

DaveC
07-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Ok i bought a 89 lx-i afew days ago and the stock radio is shitty. I want a nice system that thumps for a reasonable price. Amp, Subs, Speakers and tweeters.

When i turn up my radio now the roof were the sunroof goes into flaps and makes an ignoying sound. Anyone kno of ways to stop that from happening.

I dont know jack shit about audio so i need to get it professionally installed. Tweeter is down the street from me. Is there any other places that yous might reconmend?

87DXHatch
07-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Check out the first link in my profile ;)

A Dawg Jr
07-05-2003, 10:59 AM
If you're looking for good stuff for a small price, check out the pioneer stuff. They've got great stuff for good prices, but it all depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Justin86
07-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Also you don't have to buy speakers with a high power rating like the Infinty's. You can get some Alpine or Pioneer speaks and hook them up to an amp and they will be loud. It is all about the amps. I have a friend who has a cheaper set up then I do and cause she has her 6.5" hooked up to an amp, her system kicks my setups ass with 6.5" and a $300 Alpine headunit.

DaveC
07-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Im lookin to spend a good $500-600. Is that a good price range + installation?

shepherd79
07-05-2003, 06:05 PM
for $500-600 with installation you won't get much. may be HU with 4 speakers.
you may have some money left for shitty amp and sub.
try saving more money

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2003, 06:24 PM
he's saying that much for the product... not counting the installation

A Dawg Jr
07-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by DaveC
Im lookin to spend a good $500-600. Is that a good price range + installation?

If you're looking for a FULL set up, 4 speakers, HU, amp, subs... no. You're screwed.

It all depends on what you want to do as well. If you want an amp that'll push everything (you do), you're going to spend 5-600 on the amp/ amps. My advice is to break it down. Start with a HU and speakers. 5-600 will get you alot, depending on where you go. You could get some bad ass pioneers or alpine speakers for lets say 300 with installation if you get a good deal, that leaves you with 300 for the deck. If you go to a place like soundtrack (I don't know if you have places like that where you live) but you can usually talk to the guy that's hookin you up and tell him you're tight on $$$ and they'll through in installation on the deck for free. They're usually pretty cool about that stuff..

Just tell me what you're looking for. Full system, or just something you want that's going to be loud. You can set yourself up pretty nicely w/o subs with a 4 channel amp/ hu/ speakers for 700 or so, but that's pretty good stuff.

BTW, I'll just add that even if you go with cheap speakers, you can always just buy a cheap 4 channel amp for around 250 that'll produce MUCH more clearity than your HU, plus make it louder. Just tell us what you want

Mike's89AccordLX
07-06-2003, 02:55 AM
I spent about $800 tonight on stereo equipment and I don't have everything yet. I bought Kenwood everything. It will be a sweet set up. All of the speakers and subs and HU and amp are the same model type of Kenwood and all the 2003 models. Ebay is the shit!

DaveC
07-06-2003, 04:28 AM
Now im all confused.. Ok so $600 wont do it. If i was to get a HU and speakers for 600, the system would be good but now bangin good. Could I later on down the road add amps and subs to the package and what do they usually go for in price? What watt capacity HU should i get and watt speakers? When im at the store lookin to buy the HU/speakers what else should i look for other than watt capacity? AND what are channels?!?

Thanks in andance

A Dawg Jr
07-06-2003, 09:04 AM
HU watt power isn't important. If you plan to run an amp down the road, it won't matter. Any deck that you're going to buy with your 300 dollar limit will be fine.

What kind of car do you have? What are the speaker sizes? I'll pick some shit out for you that you can see a price.

And you can get a GOOD system with 600. You just have to do it right..... Ebay

Later down the road, amps and subs are going to be pricy. You'll probably end up spending the 600 all over again. You could probably go down to a Best Buy or SoundTrack or something of that sort and find some subs that already have a box for a good pair...... 250 Then depending if you want an amp JUST for the Subs, or an amp that can run your front and rear speakers as well, you're looking at 200-300 a amp.... But that's all good shit. You can find smaller amps that are 80x4 to run your front and rear alone pretty cheap.... 170 was the cheapest I've seen I think. Yet the out come is still amazing. Sound quality and loudness are greatly effected..

Again, let me know your car, and speaker sizes. And what you're looking for in a Deck... MP3 ability, CD-RW's

DaveC
07-06-2003, 01:45 PM
I got an lx-i with stock speakers. Whatever that size might be Im not sure:rolleyes: I would love for you to give me some roundabout prices. Thanks..

A Dawg Jr
07-06-2003, 02:25 PM
if it's a 4 door I think it's 6x9's in the back and 5 1/4 in the front. Anything else is 6.5's all around I think

Head Unit:

I recomend anything Alpine, Kenwood is pretty good, and you can never lose with pioneer.

Some cheaper decks...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/product.asp?sku=12962

These kinds of decks are going to power your 4 speakers, but they won't do much more. I would recomend this only if money is REALLY tight and you just can't afford anything else.

You'd be better with something like this.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/product.asp?sku=13218

A bit more, but you can already see some more features. Number one if you're going to be running any kind of amp system down the road are the pre outs. This Deck only has 2 I believe, which is good, but 3 is gooder. XM radio ready, Plays MP3's, WMA, CDr's... This is an awesome deck......

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/product.asp?sku=12841

Once again, can't lose with pioneer. Basically anything in the 220-300 dolla range is going to set you up. This deck has 3 pre outs. Perfect for if you're going to run your two amps. It's 229 on this site. But you can get it on ebay for 190 + shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033901256&category=3293

Here's that alpine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033839952&category=39750

So you can save some money there. But shipping might come back and hurt

Speakers:

If you've got 6x9's in the back.... For me, this is the only way to go... Exspecially if you plan on getting an amp.... You'll be blown away. These speakers are top

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3034053251&category=14942

They'll blow you away. And amped..... you won't need subs, these things are loud. Ebay is the only way to go on these. Otherwise they're pretty exspensive

If you have 6.5's all around.... buy two of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033510716&category=18799

So you have some options. I only showed you the infinity speakers, but I own them, and I'm telling you they will blow you away, especially when amped... I don't know to much about speakers as far as whats best. But once again, can't lose with pioneer. I know alpine makes a bad ass 6x9...

Anything else and I'll be happy to try and help :super: :super: :pimp:

DaveC
07-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Dawg i want to thank you much. Thanks for pointin me in the right direction.

DaveC
07-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Im gonna amp my 4 speakers. Does the HU matter how much watts it is. I found two rear pioneers with 250w and two fronts with 200w. If i was to amp them would they sound good? Im also looking at a 500w sub? What kind of amp should i be looking at? Would a 1000w amp do the trick or do i need more?

Sorry for all the questions

dXsquared
07-07-2003, 06:43 PM
check your PM's

i will help you out...

Travis

A Dawg Jr
07-07-2003, 07:04 PM
What you're going to need to do is get either a 4 channel amp, or a 5 channel amp. The 4 channel will power you 4 front and back speakers. If you were to get a 5 channel, you can power your 4 fronts and backs, plus have the option of running the fith channel to a sub/subs.

Wow, thousand watt amp to your four speakers is too much. You'll be amazed at what 50 watts will do. You probably want something with some power, so I would look for something that pushes 80 to 100 each channel. So a 400-500 watt amp will power you plenty. And yes, amp your speakers.

This 4 channel will be fine for what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033544949&category=39740

5 channel, kennwood makes this, this is the amp to get if you're looking for a 5 channel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3034074901&category=39741

If I didn't make that very clear go ahead and say, I'll try to explain a little more

DaveC
07-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Thanks alot man youve done alot of teachin to me.

2Fast_Fiero
07-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I have a brand new deck that is for sale for 150 bucks. I paid 189 and I have to sell it before the 1st of the month.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Check out ebay for some deals and look into Alpine.

Tweek(lx-i)
07-09-2003, 08:17 PM
ive been workin on my system for about 6 months so far i have boss 6x9s (full range) a panisonic head unit a boss 1000 watt 4 channel amd and a solo barick 15 all i spent was bout
head unit-150$
solobarick-150$
6x9s-50$
amp-200@
u just have to kinda wait around for good deals

bambamky
07-13-2003, 04:26 PM
anybody knows who makes a good but cheap amp preferrably under $100??

dXsquared
07-13-2003, 04:52 PM
amp for speakers or subs?

Jensen amps are pretty good for the buck

Travis