PDA

View Full Version : hatchback taillights

qh187
07-05-2003, 07:43 AM
is there a way to remove the clear plastic thing that covers the tailights on the hatchback?

bobafett
07-05-2003, 11:38 AM
no the tailights are in one peice like that. it would take some work to remove them, but i think hondaman87 has done it to make clears. :)

qh187
07-07-2003, 11:46 AM
oh i don't want to make them clear...just red

BITESIZE
07-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you can remove the outside plastic part, but check in the how to and faq section. Let me know, I've been thinking about it as well.

qh187
07-10-2003, 09:15 AM
I took my tails off the other day and i couldn't find a way to get the plastic off. Another reason why I want to take them off is because there's water in there when it rains. I want to seal them back up.

As for redding them out, I think i found an easier way than painting. I'm going to use red sticky vinyl.

markmdz89hatch
07-10-2003, 09:26 AM
hmm.... about the tails, yeah, they can be completely dis-assembled. But, I'll warn you, you should have a second set to install just incase you destroy this set. Just heat up the glue with either a hairdryer or boiling water, and very carefully and slowly pry the outer lens from the housing. Once you're in, you're in! Do what you will from there.

As for the water in the lenses, there's a very easy fix for that. Just take the tails off, and get yourself a drill and a very small drill bit. (3mm, or 1/8" works great). Now just drill 3-5 small holes along the underside of the housings. Try and get one hole on each corner, and spread the others out. I would suggest keeping the holes close to the outer edge of the housing. But, be careful not to drill too deep, or too close to the outer lens, or you will see that you drilled it once you reinstall the tails. If you do it right, you will never be able to tell that you did that, and you'll never have condensation problems again.

VigilantLXi
07-10-2003, 09:41 AM
thats what i did.....i had moisture in my taillights i drilled a little hole

extinctaccord
05-20-2004, 05:55 AM
how do u get the tails off from the hatch...i cant seem to get them out...i want to clear them

thanks

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2004, 06:34 AM
are you asking how to remove the actual taillight from the car?

HostileJava
05-20-2004, 06:55 AM
how do u get the tails off from the hatch...i cant seem to get them out...i want to clear them

thanks

You have to take the plastic off of the back of the inner hatch wall, I believe they then slide out after taking out 4-6 nuts.

extinctaccord
05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
aight ill try that.....thanks guys