PDA

View Full Version : moisture inside the headlights

shepherd79
06-10-2002, 04:58 AM
hey everyone,
well, i did the headlight conversion and i have moisture on the inse of the glass.
i had the same problem when i had sealed bim headlights.
i did siliconed all the way around.
i don't understand why.
does anyone has the similar problem.
i live in WV, on the border with maryland and Virginia, and it is very humid around here.
thanks guys.

guaynabo89
06-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Maybe when you sealed them there was a little moisture in them.

If your h4's have a driving light make sure you sealed that too. Just doublecheck the seals again.

OldSchoolSwap
06-12-2002, 09:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with my conversion and its driving me crazy. One thing that i've done a few times to get rid of the moisture (don't laugh) I took out the bulb and stuck a blowdryer untill it got nice and dry :D

But as soon as the rain comes back, I get screwed!

OldSchoolSwap
06-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Oh and that's another reason why I hate Alteezas :D

shepherd79
06-13-2002, 12:59 PM
i dry the same way, it is eather blow dryer or natural sun(it takes a hole lot longer).
i am gonna get a tube or clear silicone , dry them, put the lightbalb and seal it.

OldSchoolSwap
06-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Let me know how it works out.
Kuz I was thinking of drilling a hole with a big long straw all the way up to the driver's pit, to refresh myself after a good race! (i'll have a nice refreshing drink of "natural" sealed beams water!!!). :mad: ;)

MoonScryer
06-14-2002, 04:37 AM
The problem is we are using a shitty piece of rubber to "seal" it, and have flip up headlights. When closed, the rubber part sits straight up! It's a live with it situation. I'm trying to work out a new piece of rubber for a seal, something with a different vent hole for the heat of the bulb, but it is proving fruitless.

OSS: heh, yeah, and the water will probably taste like emulsified tin foil :p