PDA

View Full Version : Pics of damage done in accident

stizle
07-06-2003, 03:24 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p14acc06ed0e11262a1920c789f42d1ca/fbbed146.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pe9565d78c8a1e77ce07cba737c338926/fbbed141.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p95e0e7f13a881df84a56ec2c3616f64d/fbbed124.jpg

Here are some of them. I go to get an estimate tomorrow. the blue book on her is $2350. I sure hope that it isnt totaled i put entirely to much into her.

Comments and suggestions on what to doare well appreciated-----> never been in an accident before !

Coroncho80
07-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Nice car but gay ass signature! :D

stizle
07-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey maurice what the hell does that have to do wit my accident.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Wow.. Bad but not Horrible.. Does it start? Maybe Jared can give you better advise.. He had some similar Damage done to his 3g and he was able to restore it.. Just as long as the Frame is not Bent.. Ur Ok! Good Luck!

stizle
07-06-2003, 03:45 PM
i think that the frame is fine. What is the cahnces of them trying to total it??

Do you think that the damages will exceed 2350 ???

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by stizle
i think that the frame is fine. What is the cahnces of them trying to total it??

Do you think that the damages will exceed 2350 ???

I really have no idea. I have only been involved in one accident and I payed off the dude on site. ..wait for Jared to respond.. His advice should help alot

markmdz89hatch
07-06-2003, 03:54 PM
what the hell did I miss? how did this happen?

stizle
07-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Guy in a blazer ran a stop sign. Didnt see me and i hit em. His fault and he knows it!!

RobT5580
07-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Well if it was his fault then if you have a police report then i would run it through his insurance and if they do total the car then you can buy it back and fix it with the money. It doesnt look to bad but you will need hood, fenders, and bumper so it will add up to be a bit when painted. Sorry to here since i saw you had it painted not so long ago.

Rob

Coroncho80
07-06-2003, 05:09 PM

Nothing dude, I was just being a smart ass. I see that you took that pic of your signature ................ Good move! :D

PS: don't mind me, I'm just here at work and I'm bored as hell :tongue:

stizle
07-06-2003, 05:09 PM
yah but i am going to lose out if they total it no??

they are only gonna give me what it is worth right? yah new paint job just a couple of weeks ago!

stizle
07-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Maurice the only reason that pic was on the signature was because i just learned how to post pics and shit and i was just testin it out and that happened to be the first pic i saw!

Coroncho80
07-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Maurice the only reason that pic was on the signature was because i just learned how to post pics and shit and i was just testin it out and that happened to be the first pic i saw!

It's cool bro. Like I said before ............. Don't mind me :D

RobT5580
07-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Yeah but you should be able to fix it for that much. Usually when they total something out they sell it back for a small amount depending on the cars value then you can have it fixed. I would think the damage is less than that much with paint but it depends on who does it and how much they will charge you to get the car back. Hopefully they will just fix it and not make you go through all the crap and have a salvaged title. My friend was in a similar situation with his truck they just let him keep it and paid him the full value for it as well so he lucked out.

stizle
07-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Well i am getting an estimate tomorrow after i get out of work i'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it isnt as much as the value of the car..... i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Justin86
07-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Well I don't think it is totaled. Go down to a junkyard and pick up a new hood, bumber and fenders with lights and you should be good. If you lived closer I would hook you up with some body parts.

wprocomp
07-06-2003, 06:29 PM
well when I wrecked my car I had to replace the core support,hood,bumper,radiator,left fender,grill,left headlight,corner L,and small shit here and there..I added up all the parts receits and it came out to (mind you these are not honda oem,cheap replacments..DO NOT BUY THESE! THEY SUCK!) $878.62..and I did my own work and paint... look around that price and add labor,prob around $800-1200,sorry to see what happened though..I liked your car:(

88accordlxi
07-06-2003, 06:31 PM
poor 3rd gen :(

88accordlxi
07-06-2003, 06:32 PM
poor 3rd gen :(

meohmy01
07-06-2003, 06:35 PM
well that loos like a really easy fix. it looks straight. just a little sheet metal damage. a junk yard front end and a little paint ought to do the trick. i don't know about that car, but my cousin has a 92 sable wagon and a plow truck backed into her and scratched to hood and the fender and cracked the bumper and marker light. the gave her 1400 for it. that's what she paid for the thing. so i guess it all depends on who looks at it. cross your fingers and hold your breath. there's really no way of knowing

stizle
07-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
well when I wrecked my car I had to replace the core support,hood,bumper,radiator,left fender,grill,left headlight,corner L,and small shit here and there..I added up all the parts receits and it came out to (mind you these are not honda oem,cheap replacments..DO NOT BUY THESE! THEY SUCK!) $878.62..and I did my own work and paint... look around that price and add labor,prob around $800-1200,sorry to see what happened though..I liked your car:(

What do you mean you "liked my car "
Im going to do everything that i can to make sure that it remains with me and if i have ot i will buy it back and fix it up myself. I am not going to give up on her that easy.

myaccord7
07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
sorry for the loss.

zach

ICEMAN707
07-06-2003, 07:55 PM
hey stizle. here's my personal solution to your problem, click here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422016306&category=6254

this car seems to be in excellent condition, looks exactly like yours, and could probably be had for less than $2000. just gotta take a trip to maryland to pick it up though, but well worth it. hurry though, only a few days left!!

stizle
07-06-2003, 08:01 PM
shit that does kinda look like mine without the mods of course. If my car is totaled then i might actually make that an option. Thanks for the find but i am goin to try to keep mine.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Man I'm sorry to see the damage, but really it doesn't look too bad at all. I doubt the radiator support is even bent, or if any very little. New bumper, hood, headlight buckets, fenders, and sidemarker lights should fix it right up (and paint of course). I wouldn't think that would exceed $2350.

Here's my before and after pics...
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12642

And these too....
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=208042#post208042

Since I knew it would be more than I could afford I didn't get a detailed estimate, but the body shop said it would be roughly $3000-5000, depending on if/how much the radiator support/frame was bent. When my mom crashed it, they totalled it, but we didn't really have to 'buy' it back. She just told the insurance guy we wanted to keep the car and he said that was fine. Still has a clean and clear title and everything. The insurance company gave her a check for what the car was worth, and the only thing she had to pay was for the 12 days the car sat at the towing place where it was towed after the crash (that came to $250-300 something).

Hope that might help some ;)

Good luck! Keep us updated on how it goes

HondaManDan
07-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Make sure you straighten the bumper mounts and the headlight mounts or else they'll NEVER look straight... it's a pain in the ass.

stizle
07-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Well jared that helps alot man. Now i am not so worried if ur car came out ok after that mess then mine should be aight

if they total it then i will just buy it back! but thanks for the pick me up i needed it.

By the way i went to get an estimate today---after jump startin the car---- and the asshole wouldnt give me an estimate cause he didnt want to come out in the rain and do it. he was a real dik about it. So i am goin to try a different place tomorrow. I keep the thread up to date.

goldyaccord
07-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Well jared that helps alot man. Now i am not so worried if ur car came out ok after that mess then mine should be aight

if they total it then i will just buy it back! but thanks for the pick me up i needed it.

By the way i went to get an estimate today---after jump startin the car---- and the asshole wouldnt give me an estimate cause he didnt want to come out in the rain and do it. he was a real dik about it. So i am goin to try a different place tomorrow. I keep the thread up to date.

I dont think He liked you. He's way of being mean. Fuck him. take your biz elsewhere :)

stizle
07-07-2003, 06:21 PM
yah yah exactly and that is exactly what i am going to do. prick ! come to think of it, he owes me an apology. im gonna have ot pay him a visit at a later date!

Now im all fired up again!

SiR
07-07-2003, 09:05 PM
yah yah exactly and that is exactly what i am going to do. prick ! come to think of it, he owes me an apology. im gonna have ot pay him a visit at a later date!

Now im all fired up again!

Looks like someone needs a black hood. Hmmm....

stizle
07-08-2003, 02:50 PM
i need more than a black hood. I got an estimate today and the guy estimated that it will cost, 4300 bucks. In other words they are goin to total it. my whole frot got pushed in. This is really pissin me off.

Talk to the mofo that hit me today and he said that he had called his insurance company and they should be gettin in touch with mine in the next day or two.

Which means there is no gettin around it they are goin to total it. ive put 6 grand in my car easily and i am not gonna let this happen.

Any suggestions on what i can or should do???

blazin3gen
07-08-2003, 02:54 PM
put all your time and effort into that car dont let it go out that way if u still want to keep it mine is a walking example of that my car was fucked!! when i got it way worse then that but look at it now still runnin, also Jared seriously made me want to fix it cuz his shit was as bad as mine now look at it BEUTY!

NXRacer
07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
I had the same problem. I got in a wreck almost exactly like yours and i didnt think it would cost that much to fix it, but the insurance company ended up wanting to total it. I didnt think that the increase in my insurance as worth it so i decided not to file a claim with them. Since that one was my fault, i dont know what would happen since in your case it was the other persons fault. If no major structual supports were damaged, it shouldn't cost that much to get it fixed.

I found a junk yard that can order OEM body parts for HELLA cheap and they work perfectly. I got a bumper for $32 and a new fender for $27. The driver side was sort of pushed in and it wouldnt let the headlight move so i removed the headlight bracket, drilled a hole in the metal behind it and hooked a bolt and chain to it, wrapped the chain around a big pole at my house and pulled it out. Now my only problem is that its slightly pushed down, but if i can find a big tree or something, i can hook up a come-a-long and winch it straight up and fix it.

dont you just love home made frame fixin?? :super:

stizle
07-08-2003, 03:21 PM
im gonna end up at the junkyard i just know it cause i am not lettin go of my baby. another estimate on friday. Im goin to be ok.------>>> i keep sayin this to myself hoping that i will believe it!!

SiR
07-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by NXRacer
hooked a bolt and chain to it, wrapped the chain around a big pole at my house and pulled it out. Now my only problem is that its slightly pushed down, but if i can find a big tree or something, i can hook up a come-a-long and winch it straight up and fix it.

Thats how i fixed my car after i crashed the front up. Nothing like a little come-a-long and a big tree to straighten up!

mykwikcoupe
07-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Well actually a total is considered anything that would cost more than 40% of total value of the car. When I got in mine, I told them they were not going to total the car. Give me as much as you can withoput totallling the car and fixed it myself with some bodyshop friends of mine.

Did you take it to more than 1 shop. I would take it to at least 3 and make sure they are at the very least reputable. If they still try to total it they have these insurance lawyers that will prove your car is worth more fixed than totalled. Im sure that once they find out all the work you did in the last 6 weks theyll change there mind or mine did.

If yopu have a joke el cheapo insurance company then they will do whatever it takes to dick you. Allstate (those theiven bastards) tried to dick me and when They asked for the reciepts for the last 6 eeks to add to the value of the car it was a LC engineering 22RE Turbo with many mods. They chose not to total it.

Just my 2 cents Mike

stizle
07-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Well i am goin to another place on friday for an estimate hopefully it will be a lottle bit better. i like the idea that mykwikcoupe had bout tellin the nsurance to give him whatever they will without totalin the vehicle and that he would pay for the rest. that is a great idea and i might try it i have nationwide and i sure hope that this will go over well and turn out ok!

NXRacer
07-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mykwikcoupe
Well actually a total is considered anything that would cost more than 40% of total value of the car.

40%??? Here they won't total it unless its 75% or more...

goldadition
07-09-2003, 09:25 PM
dude that sucks your car looked kick a$ hope you can restore it.

pearldrop
07-10-2003, 09:43 AM
You will have to fight to keep it from being totalled. Just the paint work alone is well over $1000. Insurance companies will total a car if it costs more than 60 percent of the value to fix.
You should be able to talk them into fixing it though. Especially since it is somebody elses insurance. Just add up everything you have in the car that needs to be replaced and add that to the bill. Wheels, suspension, exhaust, stereo, everything.
I got rear ended in my white car and they wanted to total it but I showed them how much it would cost to rebuild another version to the same point and they decided it would be cheaper to give me $3500 to fix it than $14000 to redo another one.
And if you actually hold the title to the car instead of the bank, the check will be made out to you and you can rebuild it with junkyard parts and your own labor and end up with money left over.
They gave me $3500 to fix my trunk and it ended up costing me $900 so I split the leftover money with my brother (who helped me fix it).

stizle
07-10-2003, 01:44 PM
pearldrop, even if the stuff in my car (stereo, exhaust, intake etc. ) isnt damaged i can show them how much it cost and try to fight this. Is this what u are saying?? If thats the case then im gonna try to.

Bizzyvietboi
07-17-2003, 07:53 PM
You kno your wreck looks almost like mine... but mine is a lot worse... i will load my pics up here in a bit

stizle
07-18-2003, 01:09 PM
i would like to see, Did you get it fixed or no??

3G Jester
08-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
Nice car but gay ass signature! :D

he just wants your balls.

Originally posted by Coroncho80

It's cool bro. Like I said before ............. Don't mind me

ya...dont mindhim lookin at your ass!

:lol :lol :lol

stizle
08-06-2003, 01:04 PM
yah tru that fag.......lol big gay ass mofo lol

Hash_man_Se_i
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Damn, that dmage looks pretty bad. We had $4500CDN Damage to the se-i when it was rear ended. The insurance company went back and forth on whether to write it off or not, and ended up fixing it in the end.

I think they realized that we couldnt really replace the car with the $4500 that they were gonna give us. It is in such good condition.

Coroncho80
08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
he just wants your balls.

ya...dont mindhim lookin at your ass!

:lol :lol :lol

it's cool Jester, We all know you're the Official 3geez.com gay official and you represent your community pretty good. Keep up the good job ;)

stizle
08-07-2003, 04:20 PM
haha like a bunch of fuckin kids i love it. Anyway i like how you changed your sig.

charlesb2003
08-09-2003, 07:24 PM
i know absolutely nothing about how insurance companies work... but if they won't pay you enough to fix it, since it's the other guy's fault, can't you just sue the bastard?

offthahook
08-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Okay, listen up for I can break this down...

Mines was wrecked in Jan '03. Light, right front end (headlight, bumper, fender, trim light...). Estimates were $1800 to $3600. In Indiana, 70% is a total loss. I didn't show anyone that $1800 cuz it was gonna be rigged. I got three others and they were all around $3500 using new OEM parts. NO shop here would use AM sheetmetal. The insurance looked at it and figured it a loss using OEM parts. They went straight black book and added a lil bit for the moonroof, stereo, rims, spoiler. She hit me with $3200 and I KEEP the car or $3400 and they get it. I told her I thought it was worth more. I faxed her a receipt of my rebuilt trans. cuz it had been done in the last 365 days. She paid like 50% of the parts on it (like $500 more). They cut me a check, I kept the title clear (but they sent me a letter stating they deemed it a total loss and I was keeping it), and I got it fixed (used HONDA parts) and the whole car reapinted for like $3400. Good as new now!! Find a body shop willing to use used parts, get the parts FOR the body shop to save them the time, and make sure the parts MATCH right. Don't get beat up parts that require hours of prepping/repair. Good stuff that they can just sand and paint sorta like new parts would be. That's how I did it and saved like $1200!!!

jays87
08-11-2003, 06:34 AM
ok i no i am a lil late here sry i was on vacation. But i was in the same position u are in now when my car was hit from behind the insurance company was going to total the car cause it exceded 2600. i begged the appraiser to not total my car because its not ur average 3g and ur is deff not ur average cause the car is rust free? the body is straight? and the car runs great? and i correct? the insurance company gave me 3 grand to get the car fixed and the guy i took it to fixed it for 26 something so i had 400 to play with. but if u can get some pics under the hood if possible please post them cause i work in a body shop i am a body man and i no how these things work. from the outside it doesent look like the radiator support is bent. but if it is then thats wuts gonna cost u the most. but who ever u take it to ask them if i supply some of my own parts like fenders hood bumper and lights is that ok? thats wut i did but talk to the guy u take it to and try and get some pics under the hood.

jay

here are my pics from my accident
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=370119&page=1

jays87
08-11-2003, 06:38 AM
one more thing... i mean its a lil bit of a drive but if u want since u live in pa u could drive it out to reading and i will talk to my boss and u can get ur car done at my body shop and i no i can prolly cut u a lil bit of a deal or i can have u take it to the guy i took it to and he does good work

and i think in pa its either 20% or 40% to buy the car back then u have to buy a salvage title and when the car is completly fixed it has to go through a hard core inspection to make sure the car is ready and allowed on the streets

jay

stizle
08-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Aigh aight update on the car. The insurance company is goin to total it, i sent them recipts of everything done to the car and it did up it a little but still totaled. I bought the car back for 500 dollars. So they are cuttin me a check for 3200. I went to a junk yard and they told me that i can get the car fixed with used parts for bout 900 bills ( it specializes in hondas and does their own work too. ) so after that all i have to do is get the car painted. I will post updates if anyone cares. jays87 thanks anyway bro but maybe i will take a ride down that way when the car gets fixed just to show it off.

Micah 89LXi
08-20-2003, 11:08 PM
why didnt you repaint the trim when you had the car painted?...just a question...
..faded trim kills me

stizle
08-21-2003, 09:35 PM
i have a kit to put on it so i wasnt to worried bout the bumper.