PDA

View Full Version : power windows?

88fasthatch
07-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Has anyone know how to or have ever done a power window swap into a dx? And if so how difficult is it? This is some thing I really want, its not that much wieght.

88' Accord Ltd
07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
I haven't done it but I've gutted and switched over power to manual doors before. Its pretty simple but time consuming. You'll need all the power door panels as well as all of the stuff in the doors (you may be better off buying the whole door from the wrecker). Also there is a power lock controller under the passenger seat if you want to do the locks too which wouldn't be much extra work except for a few clips and bolts. I think its the box on the left side if looking at them from the back seat, the ones on the right are for the roof I think. After you have all of the stuff its a matter of bolting it in the door and plugging it in, because the doors are already wired for power locks and windows.

Justin86
07-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Well you would have to hook up a power feed to each motor and the controls. Then hook up wires to the main control to all the motors. I can't think of anything else.