PDA

View Full Version : AH finally, tomorrow I go to have my speakers PROFESSIONALLY installed

A Dawg Jr
07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
I've got them propped up on a peice of plywood so that they'll fit down into the holes. Other wise, they don't fit into the stock mount or the sheet metal. So I'm getting a brand new deck and they're going to re install my speakers for me for 35 dolla's.... Pretty sweet, I can't wait.

Justin86
07-09-2003, 11:55 AM
What size speakers are they. I'm guessing they are for the front.

A Dawg Jr
07-09-2003, 01:22 PM
6x9's for the back. I already had the front done. it wasn't till now I could afford the back

TJ89Accord
07-09-2003, 05:17 PM
damn man they are so easy to replace, you can do it in like 20 minutes tops...

tim

A Dawg Jr
07-09-2003, 05:27 PM
No, the mounts int the back were the right size, but my speakers (infinity kappa's) are too.... thick? I guess. I don't know how to describe it. You'd have to look at the way they're built to understand. So they wouldn't fit all the way down into the moun. That and since they were so thick on the back, the metal had to be cut as well. I didn't want to mess with cutting the metel or the tortion bar, so I had them do it... They turned out a hell of a lot better.

DBMaster
07-09-2003, 07:07 PM
I know what you mean about them being "too thick." It's mostly in the plastic or cardboard "gasket" around the perimeter of the speaker frame, right? The fabric covers can't go back onto the plastic frame that mounts in the deck. For speakers like you are talking about it does take some "finessing."

zero.counter
07-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Sounds cool man, post some pics for us!

A Dawg Jr
07-09-2003, 07:52 PM
DB master, that's exactly what I mean, thanks

And I could take some pics for ya. I'll post 'em tomorrow