PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get my car repainted...

TJ89Accord
07-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey, I have been thinking about getting my car repainted, but I don't think that I want it to be white like it is now. And a buddy of mine works at a body shop that will do all the body work and painting for pretty cheap. The paint that I have on it now is really dull, even with wax, and the hood doesn't have the same white, cause I spraypainted it so it wouldn't be blue. Anyways, whats a nice color for a 3G. I kinda want to do it red, Ive never had a red car. But maybe black, or an SI blue. But I also want it to be a color that no one really has. Ahh, I gotta save up money anyways so I have plenty of thime to think. What do you guys think?

tim

TJ89Accord
07-06-2003, 08:26 PM
oh yah, I have the ugly maroon red color interior, but i really don't car if it matches lol.

pimp86LX
07-06-2003, 09:32 PM
my personal favorite is the dark navy blue you find on early 90s pontaic sunbirds. with a nice high gloss finish its really nice. A 5.0 mustang down my road just got that blue and its REALLY nice

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
I agree with Mr. Pimp, a nice dark metallic navy blue is very very nice. Of course my personal favorite is black, then maybe white. I also like silver, and that pewter on the recent Firebirds/Trans Am's, and the slightly darker pewter color on the new Mustangs.

How about Brittney Blue from the SE-i? LOL That was a pretty sweet color too. Or Spa Yellow from the S2000! :D

pimp86LX
07-06-2003, 11:23 PM
lol im a MR. now eh? The other day someone called me Sir. that was a first

anyway, heres what i was talking about. This pic doesn't show it very well but ehhh wuddya gunna do.

http://www.tapfelbaum.de/Images/big/sunbird.jpg

iloveJDMblackrims69
07-07-2003, 06:23 AM
YOU WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT??!!! ILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT............. this is only the 100th i said this to people on this board who always ignores me..................... WHITE WITH BLUE PEARL!!! nobody has that! and pls....... it will match your interior just right!!! it will look so nice with a good window tint!

SiR
07-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
The other day someone called me Sir.

That would be me!

POS carb
07-08-2003, 01:41 PM
I think the dark graphite grey looks badass if the rest of the car is done right but not with maroon interior I don't think so, go with a good white, it'll be cheaper to paint the car and a GOOD white paint job will turn as many heads as any other color, with some chrome rims or something

ProtoVivanta
07-08-2003, 02:26 PM
would black match the maroon interior?