PDA

View Full Version : Another power window issue

Sabz5150
07-07-2003, 09:30 AM
My rear driver's side power window hasn't worked at all since I've owned the car. A couple of days ago I got my hands on a good window actuator assembly, I tested the unit outside the door and it wouldn't move when I pressed either the rear door's window switch, or the master switch. The fuses are okay, what else could be keeping that window from moving?

Trowa
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
check the wires that go from the rear door to the body of the car

cruznz
07-07-2003, 11:54 PM
so it's quite possible your original 1 was o:k,.....qickest way to check is with a good digital multi-meter to confirm you have switching voltage at the motor connection,....if none,..check at the 1st switch,...then the master switch,.....it's either open circuited,(disconnected wire) or faulty switch/s

dj99
07-08-2003, 06:32 AM
My driver window kind of quit working intermittently. Since it was intermittent, I didn't think it was the motor or switch. I took the panel off and broke open the power window control unit (easy). I got the printed circuit board out and found that the solder joints at the relay outputs were loose. I resoldered a bunch of them and all is well! I think the heat can get to them after 15 years. :)

infecto
07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah and the brushings get realy dirty etc most of hte time the motor is not bad but a lose connection or a dirty one.

n_jay78
07-09-2003, 09:15 AM
check your window connections at the door harness, these connections have been known to come aloose, I had this problem before.