PDA

View Full Version : Installing Cold Air Intake, please help..

krott5333
07-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Do I need to take the bumper off? Or do I just need to take off that fender lining stuff?

How do I go about this?
Thanks

cdscowboy
07-07-2003, 01:33 PM
You'll probably have to make the hole that goes down into your bumper slightly larger to fit the piping from your CAI through it. You will have to take of the front bumper if you want to put the filter on the end of the piping, which I'm pretty sure you do ;) There's 3 screws in each wheel well that need to come out. There's a bolt in each of the (optional) fog light spaces. There's 12(I think it's 12...) bolts to take out on the top of the bumper...two (on each side) are under your sidemarker, so you'll have to take those out as well. The other 8 are in plain sight if the hood is up. And lastly, there should be two bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Pretty easy to find...essentially right in front of the radiator...very easy to get to...you'll see them. Hope that helps!
You should take a look at 1988starter's "A how-to sort of....." post, that should help.

Good luck!!! I'm getting mine later this week :D

1988starter
07-07-2003, 05:19 PM
I just took the dust shield off from the wheel well and under the bumper look in the peformance section for my almost a how to it will have a pict.

krott5333
07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Okay, one of the holes is going to a tube that is connected to the top of the valve cover.. what does the smaller little hole connect to?

Justin86
07-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Ummm could you be more descriptive. The hose on the valve cover is the valve cover breather. It hooks up to the air intake to get fresh air.

Immeraufdemhund
07-08-2003, 10:41 AM
that one doesn't go anywere. Here's what i'd do though. Cover up both of those holes and get another breather for your valve cover. (i had the same thing)