PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Spring Recommendations

pstone
07-07-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm replacing all 4 stock struts on my 89 Accord LX with Monroe Sensa-Tracs (Would have liked something a little more peformance, but I got a GOOD deal on them).

While I'm at it, I'm also replacing all the major bushings on the front and back. I'm trying to locate some polyurethane bushings, but that's another story.

I would also like to replace the springs while I have everything apart.

Can anyone recommend some semi-performance springs that will give me some better handling. I don't really want to 'drop' the car, but I don't mind lowering it 1 to 2 inches. And, just because I'm a difficult person to please, I would like to somewhat keep the ride and comfort of my nice car. :)

OR: Should I just stick with some replacement stock springs?

I don't know much about performance suspension systems, but I have been looking at DropZone and Eibach. Both websites recommend that I might need an alignment kit to compensate for the negative camber. Any recommendations here?

NXRacer
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Do a search homie. There are a lot of threads about both your needs.

Sprint springs makes a good drop spring for the 3G. 123 + S/H.

the front upper control arms off a 88-91 prelude (i think those are the years) will fit on the 3g with very slight modification and will correct the camber.

Again, do a search for more detail.

86AccordLxi
07-07-2003, 04:56 PM
84-87 Lude control arms, not 88-91.

Welcome to the board, btw. Before asking a bunch of questions, make sure to look around at the FAQ and "How-to" sections and also cruise the around the various sections of the board because your questions have probably already been answered about 1,000+ times. Again, welcome!

Alex

carotman
07-07-2003, 05:25 PM
The H&R springs are real nice, Neuspeed too. They do not lower much (1.5 inch) but they do a great job. Expecially since we have a hard time getting good struts for our car