PDA

View Full Version : auto trans. question

accordlxi2.0
07-07-2003, 08:25 PM
okay two thing's my car first :
today i noticed that my car shift's were delayed then i looked at the indicator's and my d4 did'nt light up.
so i put it in all the way then it shifted fine.
but now i don't see my d4 light anymore is that the computer letting me know something is wrong. i check the the shifter connector's and they are fine.
another thing my g/f 87 lx is kinda wierd you can take the key out of the ingnition while it's in drive or you can move it with the engine off.
is there any way to take care of this problem or what?
THANX-N-ADVANCE;) :D :tongue:

SiR
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by accordlxi2.0
okay two thing's my car first :
today i noticed that my car shift's were delayed then i looked at the indicator's and my d4 did'nt light up.
so i put it in all the way then it shifted fine.
but now i don't see my d4 light anymore is that the computer letting me know something is wrong. i check the the shifter connector's and they are fine.
another thing my g/f 87 lx is kinda wierd you can take the key out of the ingnition while it's in drive or you can move it with the engine off.
is there any way to take care of this problem or what?
THANX-N-ADVANCE;) :D :tongue:

Yea, sometimes it must sit on the D4 indentation or you will get that delay feel your are feeling. Those the D3 still light up if you put it into D3? You say you already checked the Neutral Safety Switch?

Your g/f's car is fine, you can turn the car off while still in drive gears and still move the shifter while the car is off.

POS carb
07-08-2003, 09:29 AM
just check the alignment, nudge the selector up and down in d4 slowly and see if it lights up, if not it's probably a bad contact/light in the system, sometimes my d4 turns off but it doesn't mean the tranny or ecu is sending an error code, it isn't that sophisticated.

accordlxi2.0
07-08-2003, 09:52 AM
my fault,i meant the selector switch. it does light up when i put it in d3
i know the starter safty switch is fine cause it did'nt start up when i had it in gear.
as for that moving the gear without a key.
does all the 3geez do that?
maybe i should put in a shift inter-loc feature.

infecto
07-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Its fine that you can shift it while the key is not in most cars are like this. And as for moving it while the car is off thats normal as long as its in N or a moving gear if its in park then something is wrong. Otherwise its fine as all cars do this...how else do you push it when it stalls. And your whole thing about the d4 light is nothing to really worry about. The older the 3g gets it seems to looser the indentations get and its not a rigid as before. I usually have to pay attention to it other wise I won't have it in all the way.

accordlxi2.0
07-08-2003, 08:33 PM
well okay, it just went out all of a sudden. but are'nt those LED light's?

POS carb
07-09-2003, 04:28 PM
I think 88-89 ones came with a shift lock but not 100% sure on that, my 87 has no gear or brake lock, only the starter interrupt one and the damn d4 light won't come back on anymore after reading this post LOL

accordlxi2.0
07-10-2003, 04:45 AM
i got one from the junker's and when i took it out i thought to myself that it's not gonna be an easy job. now i seen that shift-loc solenoid can i just put it on the 87 lx?

accordlxi2.0
07-13-2003, 05:54 AM
the shift indicator light was blown:D
as for the shift-loc can't i do that:huh:

88 Accord DX
07-13-2003, 10:46 AM
i dont have shift lock either.

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2003, 06:38 AM
but i thought they changed a few thing's in 88-89 and this was one of them unless that was an option or you had gotten an 87 model that was released in 88.

chiller670
07-15-2003, 08:27 PM
i don't think any of the 3geez came with the shift lock unless it was an aftermarket or dealer add-on which i doubt.

BITESIZE
07-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Yes they did, my 89 hatch does have it, but i've never used it.

accordlxi2.0
07-16-2003, 06:36 AM
so it should be easy to add on right?

allright the reason i asked
jus listen
don't mean to get all soft but if some of yall have lil' kids or curious u should a understand.
let's just say your parked, and either u leave the door's unlocked,or the kid in the car , he/she goes and reach for the shift gear and it roll's off.
u know what i mean.
'cause i was putting n a faceoff and i hit the shifter by accident and i'm glad it did'nt roll (was on a flat surface)

accordlxi2.0
07-23-2003, 03:43 PM
:confused: :confused: :( :stick: :help: