PDA

View Full Version : idling

D Glad
07-08-2003, 10:29 AM
does anyone know what causes this problem? sometimes my car an 88 lx-i at a stop will start vibrating really bad so i put in into nuetral its fine while i drive but sometimes it does that at a stop sign.

Mattphi
07-08-2003, 03:15 PM
yea mine does the samething...i dunno why tho. I think its just because its an older car because all the newer ones that i have driven never do that but who knows

A20A1
07-08-2003, 04:21 PM
The vacuum lines may be wearing down... I remember reading an article on a turbo car that replaced every vacuum hose and got back 40 or so horsepower. This was just as a general maintinance... nothing special about the vacuum hoses.

I'm not saying you'll ever gain that much... but a small leak here and there adds up.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Check to see if the ECU is throwing any codes. That could help to narrow your search.

D Glad
07-08-2003, 05:13 PM
no codes coming from the ecu i replaced the ect sensor and the main relay if im at the stop sign and it does it if i hold down the accelerator it will go away

89AccordLXI666
07-08-2003, 08:35 PM
IT is most likely to be your Idle... I can garentee you it's an Idleing problem... its a very simple process to do... all you need is a flat head screw driver n if it's FI you will see the flathead screw right next to the injector block, and all you have to do is tune it so the car Idles at 1,000 RPM's and then the car won't shake or rattle... now if u have a carb then you have to take off the stock are box the whole thing, and then when u look at the top of the carb there will be a screen over it... remove that and spray some carb cleaner into the carb and that should fix it or you can adjust the idle in there, cuz I too have a carb and I had that problem at first, but I finally tuned my Idle and now it Idles at 1,000 RPM's with out n e rattling what so ever.... Hope that helps guy's... Lataz

A20A1
07-08-2003, 08:57 PM
raising the idle is only a temporary solution though... and shouldn't be used to fix every problem.