PDA

View Full Version : locking mechanism

86accordhatchback
07-08-2003, 02:39 PM
i guess this is the right placet to put this seeing how it kinda has somethin to do with security. but anyway, yesterday i lost my keychain. wich had my car key on it. and the dealership said they couldn't make me a new key w/o the # on one of the locking mechanisms. and cuz the car was so old they couldn't get one w/the vin #. so i called a locksmith and he did it for me. but just in case anyone didn't know this. if your key opens everything in the car and starts it like my car. then all you have to do to get a lock from your car is take out the one screw holding the lock on your glove box and take that out and give it to the dealership and that's all they need. just in case anyone didn't already know this. and someone else happens to lose thier key. than this will save you money rather than havin the locksmith do it for ya.

HostileJava
07-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Sure, if you have a lock on your glovebox :)

POS carb
07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Hmm I just realized I have no spare key gotta go get some made. I had that same problem where they didn't have my key info under the VIN#

Justin86
07-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Well waht ever you do don't jump off a 70' bridge and loose your key in the bottom of the river about 30' down. If I could only hold my breath a little longer.