PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cutoff control

Justin86
07-08-2003, 04:44 PM
I was looking at my fuse block under the dash and noticed a fuse for the fuel cut off. Could I take this off and still have everything work. I want to know this cause I know that with NOS that if it is going into your engine and you hit the fuel cut off it will cause detonation. So if I prevent the fuel from cutting off I can prevent some engine damage.

A20A1
07-08-2003, 04:49 PM
I thought only the carbed accords had a fuel cut off... oh well. all I can say is remove it and find out... I mean all it would be is like you car running out of gas... so let it idle for a while but don't drive around like that untill you're sure.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I was looking at the fuse block off my carb and it didn't have the fuel cut off but the one I'm using for EFI has the cut off.

A20A1
07-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh carb fuel cut relay? isn't really a fuse.. its more like a box with prongs coming out of it.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Shit I'm lost on this. Yea I know what it looks like. I have been told that the fuel injection has a fuel cut off because this can cause a problem if you are running NOS.

A20A1
07-08-2003, 09:20 PM
well if it's just the fuse the pop it out and see if the car still runs right... and hopefully you don't have a relay like the carbs have.

I had a thought
If the fuel cut isn't connected to the pump you could just route new fuel line hoses from the pump to the hard lines bypassing the fuel cut.

I seriously need to download pauls shop manuals.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I will pop it out tomorrow and see. I would do it tonight but I don't want to wake up anybody. :D

NXRacer
07-09-2003, 07:38 AM
You wont want to remove that fuse, especially if you're running N2O. The fuel cutoff is there so you won't over rev your engine. Thats what Honda uses for a rev-limiter. Theres no reason to remove that and risk blowing your motor on accident. The only time you're going to have a problem with your fuel cutoff and N2O is if you're running a dry kit. Run a wet kit like NX or Venom and you won't have a problem.

Justin86
07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
OK I think I know what the hell I'm talking about, thanks.