PDA

View Full Version : Big Question - Almost Doubtful

erics86dx
07-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Im not sure if I want to put all of the money into this car just to see it get beat now what I want to know is this car worth keeping or should I just get it running better and buy the other 2 cars I really want. I have already replaced the alternator, brakes, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, window, rims and tires, so im getting curious as to wheather I should keep going. :(

Osiris
07-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Whats your goal? 13 second quarter miles or a custom look? With enough work you can do whatever you want. Its up to you. Im assuming this car is allready paid for so go with it. Plus you will get uniqeness points for having probaly the only modded 3 gen accord in your area and having to basically personally build everything from "scratch".

Thats a generalized question like what cd player is the best and is really up to you. If your wanting to know if this car has potential, yea. Just ask the several ppl who did custom engine swaps, Nitrous installs, and many other things to their cars and they will let you know.

--Hope this helps--

Jims 86LXI HB
07-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by erics86dx
Im not sure if I want to put all of the money into this car just to see it get beat now what I want to know is this car worth keeping or should I just get it running better and buy the other 2 cars I really want. I have already replaced the alternator, brakes, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, window, rims and tires, so im getting curious as to wheather I should keep going. :(

"just to see it get beat" --what do you mean by that?

"buy the other 2 car's I really want"-- what are those 2 car's? And what prevent's you from having them now? Any thoughts as to what you'd need to do to the car to make it the way you'd want?

The 3g accord is a great car, but I want do know more about what you need from it. Unlike some site's devoted exclusively to a certain make and model, I like to think we have some realist's as opposed to only speaking with silly blind love, if ya know what I mean.

erics86dx
07-09-2003, 12:03 PM
What I mean is I dont want to see my car get beat by a gay civic or some car that everyone has. Because If I dont go all out on this car then I will save up some money for the other two cars I want a 91 or 93 toyota mr2 and a 71 or 72 chevy chevelle

erics86dx
07-09-2003, 12:05 PM
oh yeah I meant get this car running better so I could sell it to get a different car

Justin86
07-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Well it depend on how much you like your accord. When I first get mine I didn't want to do much to it. Well that was about a year ago, so far $2K spent and a EFI swap. I will keep this car until it gets crushed. But a 72 Chevelle would be nice. I would like a 68 or 72 Camaro.

erics86dx
07-09-2003, 07:48 PM
hmmm?

Justin86
07-10-2003, 09:04 AM
These are good cars you just got to learn of to appreciate them and there potential.

dj_004
07-10-2003, 12:56 PM
yeh thats the only thing i dont like about 3rd gen. Accords you have to custom make almost everything