PDA

View Full Version : IPF Bulbs

HondaBoy
07-09-2003, 01:53 PM
i went to this local place a few months ago looking at wut they had. i had seen some JDM stuff they had imported. they have bulbs and other accessories. they had some bulbs i liked that looked pretty good. they are IPF brand, which is apparently not to increadibly easy to get here in the US. i mean, u can go to just any auto parts place and find them. anyway, i got the pair for $20. they said these were street legal, but if i wanted to brighter ones, they would be illegal. they are made for ralley racing or something like that. i took some pix of the new ones and my old ones. by the way, i have H4 conversions if u couldnt figure that out. im going to leave one new bulb and one old to compare at night. ill have to wait till like 9:30 or so to tell cuz it stays light out in the summer. these bulbs are like prizma color ones, so i hope they will be brighter. i dont know if they will be too great cuz if u know, colored bulbs are realy best for light colored ground. i hope im happy with these bulbs, but for $20, thats pretty good deal. guess ill give an update when i can see how good they shine.

HondaBoy
07-10-2003, 02:58 PM
ok, i checked my lights out last night and they are pretty good. they are a bit easier to see with than the other ones. they look like HIDs from far away. they also change color at different angles instead of 1 color. they shine kinda greenish and that seems better than blue. i think they are the same kind ive probley seen on bikes. hopefully they will last and be good cuz i dont want to spend $75+ on PIAAs. they are imported from Japan so i dont know if i could get replacements too easy. i guess i should check with that shop to find out. as for now, they are brighter light on the road than my old bulbs. they also shine a bit farther. by the way, have any of yall heard of this brand IPF?

HondaBoy
07-14-2003, 12:22 PM
just gotta say this. im guessing most of us have seen those blue tinted bulbs that are supposed to look like HIDs but realy look crappy. anyway, i almost had a doubt for these IPF bulbs i got. well they shine greenish and dont seem to be crappy. i can see with them and realy like em. ill have to get some good night pix of them.

HondaBoy
07-16-2003, 11:56 PM
i took my car by my friends house tonight to show him the new lights. he says they look like HIDs cuz they are super bright and change colors. like when i pulled up he said they were green, then orange, then yellow and blueish. now he wants to order some. i hope they still make them or can order them. i should put some on the '02 accord to try them. i dont know if the stanley bulbs that are in there are better or not.

factorVIII
07-17-2003, 10:40 PM
do they sell stuffs in the internet? i want those rainbow bulbs too lemme know bro

cdscowboy
07-17-2003, 10:46 PM
I didn't spend $75+ on my PIAAs. They were like $60 at Les Schwabes...check it out :)