PDA

View Full Version : A20A2 Distributer pics neeeeeeded !

ACCORD EX
06-10-2002, 12:06 PM
does anybody here have a pic of an A20A2 distributer pic just an outside pic ! please post it !

thnx a lot ! :)

MIKE

POS carb
06-10-2002, 12:15 PM
just look under your hood! :flipa:

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by POS carb
just look under your hood! :flipa:

i knew you were goin to say that ! :D:flip:

MIKE

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 02:52 AM
ok i'll make it easier on you guys here is a are two pics of distributor cap ! ( non of them is a 3gee )
just tell which type is there on an A20A2 !

the first one !

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 02:54 AM
second one !

RCracer
06-11-2002, 04:14 AM
You can just about see the distributor cap in this pic.

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by AERODECKUK
You can just about see the distributor cap in this pic.

sorry but i can't see it clearly ! coul dyou tell me which on e is it in the pics i posted pleeeeeeeease ! :(

than k you very much for your reply !

MIKE

RCracer
06-11-2002, 11:10 AM
I am not sure what differances you are talking about.
Is it where the leads plug into the dizzy cap?
If that is the question. The plug leads on my car all come out of the dizzy cap top(2nd). It is with the leads pointing towards the under bonnet fuse box on my car. It is differant to the one's you posted (as that is for a 8 cylinder or something) because instead of the leads cliping on as in the pic they plug in as with a normal dizzy cap.
I have seen a accord with the other type of cap (1st)where they all come out next to each other. (where they plug into the side of the cap and not the top)

Is that the question you are asking???

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by AERODECKUK
I am not sure what differances you are talking about.
Is it where the leads plug into the dizzy cap?
If that is the question. The plug leads on my car all come out of the dizzy cap top(2nd). It is with the leads pointing towards the under bonnet fuse box on my car. It is differant to the one's you posted (as that is for a 8 cylinder or something) because instead of the leads cliping on as in the pic they plug in as with a normal dizzy cap.
I have seen a accord with the other type of cap (1st)where they all come out next to each other. (where they plug into the side of the cap and not the top)

Is that the question you are asking???

yes that what i wanted to know !
do you know if the first cap fits our cars (A20A2 ) ????

sorry for asking so many question paul ! i really appreciate it thnx !

MIKE

RCracer
06-12-2002, 01:48 AM
Hi Mike
not to sure if it will fit or not. I know there are two differant types of dizzy on our cars but not sure if the caps are differant or not.
What sort of cap is on it now?
Can you not get a cap the same as is on?
I got mine from a motor factors just round the corner from my house.(non honda part but in stock)
I cant see that honda would use a totally diferant dizzy on what is basically the same engine.... then again we are talking honda here so anything is possible.
If the caps are differant let me know and I could get one for you from a local auto factor and send it if that would help.

Paul

shepherd79
06-12-2002, 05:01 AM
none of them will fit on our cars.
our cap is a lot smaller.

POS carb
06-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Their cars are european models

<edit> mike that 2nd pic is for a V8, why did u post it? <edit>

RCracer
06-12-2002, 12:19 PM
Mike
I have taken a few pics of the dizzy cap on my car.
I will email the rest of them to you if you want them as they are to big to post and Im not resizing them:lol

I know the lead is off I pulled it off so that it is obvious how they fit the cap.

Let me know if this pic helps.

Paul

ACCORD EX
06-12-2002, 01:57 PM
shepherd79 & POS CARB : this pics are not for our cars i just wanted to ask if the cables come out the near each other like the first pic or like the second pic towards the fuse box ! :)

Paul : thnx a lot for your help i know i bothered you !
anyway the reason i am asking this that i ordered plug wires and then came and 2 cables were short ! so i thought they will fit on the other cap and my cap wasn't original one !

anyway i now suspect my firing order ! while the 2 cables are just a couple of cm short
so here are two pics ! could you just tell me which cable on the distributer cap (it's numbered in letters a,b,c,d ) will go to it 's cylinder # in pic 2 !
thnx a lot paul ! you are the only one who can help me !

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/distributor.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/cyl.jpg

MIKE

RCracer
06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi Mike
as per usual in the UK its raining (its been sunny all day when I took the pics) and its dark. I will get the info you want and post it tommorow morning.

Paul

and Mike it's no trouble. :) I realy dont mind.

ACCORD EX
06-12-2002, 02:59 PM
thnx paul ! and take your time ! it's really cool that we have the same engines ! :D

MIKE

POS carb
06-12-2002, 03:05 PM
u got your cylinder #'s backwards there bro, you start counting at the crank pulley.

ACCORD EX
06-12-2002, 03:09 PM
thnx Eric but it really doesn't matter !
i just want him to match ( a,b,c,d) with ( 1,2,3,4 ) :D

MIKE

POS carb
06-12-2002, 03:27 PM
oh I thought u hooked up your wires backwards, just thought I'd warn u in case u didn't realize it

carotman
06-12-2002, 03:35 PM
The firing order is 1-3-4-2 (with the correct cylinder numbers)

smufguy
06-12-2002, 05:50 PM
the firing order for me is 1234 cause i have a shotgun. :flip: okay enough being a dumbass. What is unique about a A20A2? is it just a name for the engine for diff country? cause i dont see a A20A2 around here. its A20A1 and A20A3. besides, the compression ratios are not the same for A20A1 and A20A3 is it?

A20A1
06-12-2002, 10:32 PM
hmm... thats a neat distributor cap... more like the b20's cap... or other dohc engines...

Just buy an umbrella Paul :)

RCracer
06-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Hi Mike

using your lettering and numbering from the previous pic.

1 d
2 b
3 c
4 a

hope that helps and it answers your questions.

Paul

RCracer
06-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by A20A1
hmm... thats a neat distributor cap... more like the b20's cap... or other dohc engines...

Just buy an umbrella Paul :)

If I used an umbrella every time it rains over here I would be living under a umbrella most of the time :lol :lol :lol
You have to like rain to live in the UK...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ACCORD EX
06-13-2002, 01:41 AM
thxn paul ! you rock man ! :D

Eric : thnx for consideration .
carotman : thnx for the info !!

:D

MIKE

ACCORD EX
06-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by carotman
The firing order is 1-3-4-2 (with the correct cylinder numbers)

hey carotman if i put the wires in the order you said it 's not important where to start on the distributer cap ! ?as far as i go 1-3-4-2 in the right way right ,look at the pic and you'll understand what i mean ! :)

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/distributor.jpg

thnx guys !

MIKE

RCracer
06-13-2002, 01:09 PM
Mike
using the correct cylinder numbering 1 at the timing belt end and four at the gearbox/tranny end.
My car has
number 1 plug(timing belt end) at the top (a) on your pic
number 2 second in from timing belt goes to (c) on your pic
number 3 plug goes to (b) on your pic
number 4 (tranny)gearbox end goes to (d) in your pic

So if you start at a on the dizzy it goes
a, b, d, c.

If you use the 1-a, 2-c, 3-b ,4-d that gives you the firing order of

1, 3, 4, 2

All the letter codes are from your pic and the cylinder numbers are the real cylinder numbering.
Hope that explains things.
Paul

ACCORD EX
06-13-2002, 01:20 PM
thnx paul i get that but what i ment is :

So if you start at a on the dizzy it goes

the what i meant is that should i start with a !
can i start at b for example ( following the same firing oder ! )

i hope you understand me thnx ! :)

MIKE

RCracer
06-13-2002, 01:43 PM
Hi Mike
if no 1 cylinder was connected to a then it must stay connected to a.
The position and order of the plug leads are very important.
In other words you cant just pick any point to start and work round going 1,3,4,2 you must make sure that no.1 cylinder starts at a(or wherever is was when you took the leads off)
My no1 lead (timing belt end)on my car goes to the point marked with the A on the distributor cap.

ACCORD EX
06-13-2002, 03:01 PM
yeah that's just what i wanted to know ! thnx a lot paul for everything ! :D

MIKE