PDA

View Full Version : Sensor dying but not dead.

Dibbs
07-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Got a Problem. When I come to a stop and in gear, my car tries to stall. I changed the fuel filter (got some bad gas) and checked vigorously for vacuum leaks. I also checked the whole ignition system for spark. Everything seems to look OK but it's obvious that it is not. The past couple of days, it's been getting this hesitation crap at highway speed as well. Then last night I was driving and noticed that the PGM-FI light started flickering and every time that it did, the car would hesitate, miss, whatever. When I got home I tried to check the ECU for codes but it showed none. Which this would make a bit of sense b/c it seems to be obvious that whatever sensor is not working properly, has not gone out completely.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what this might be?

RustyHo88
07-12-2003, 05:13 PM
my accord had the exact same problem. in fact, it got so bad that everytime i came to a complete stop, the car died. well, i changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and it got better, but still somtimes died. finally, i had my mechanic look at it. he replaced the max air flow sensor (never heard of it), and the car has since worked fine. you may call me an idiot, but i think its a good idea to change all those things at the same time. it seems to me that changing just the plugs, would cause the plugs to become fouled if your cap is bad... or if your rotor is bad, it may screw up your wires. i dont know, someone tell me if im wrong. anyway, if none of that works, you can try chaning your ignitor. and (its a longshot) but there could be a short somewhere on the circuit that runs your fuel pump. i highly doubt that, because if there were, your car probably would not work at all, but that might explain your efi light or whatever coming on. keep in mind that my car is carburated, so i dont know if your efi will have a max air flow sensor. hope this is all of some help.

-will

anchovies
07-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a clogged egr.
Take it off and clean it.

Dibbs
07-14-2003, 01:21 PM
I'll check when I get home from work. I'll let you guys know if that works.