PDA

View Full Version : transmission

VigilantLXi
07-11-2003, 04:09 PM
i need someone that knows alittle something about tranny's to answer this question.....ok i just replaced my tranny and clutch a week ago because of this grinding noise in second gear....it sounds like when you mess up shifting....grinds real bad....ok lots of people told me it was the syncro's(don't think i spelled that rightlol).My used new tranny is doing the same damn thing in third gear now....only happens when i throw it in at high rpm or when i shift quick......lol i knew i should of never got a used tranny....any body have any solutions? answers, same problems?:barf:

87accordlxi
07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
mine grinds occasionally going into 3rd gear. i have to be very careful. it's most likely the syncros. the syncros allow your gear teeth to match their speeds so the gear can engage smoothly. when the syncro goes bad, the teeth are spinning at different speeds and they'll grind until set in place

VigilantLXi
07-11-2003, 06:07 PM
yeah most likely thats it......i was just wondering if if was something elese......guess i'm just gonna have to deal with that problem for a while......sux third gear is my favorite gear....booo!