PDA

View Full Version : Bar's Leaks

lewis74
07-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Has Anyone used this to fix leaky radiators? if so can i get some feedback, i am thinking of trying it and want some input.

zero.counter
07-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Yes I have, the sediment binds to small cracks (non-superficial). If you use a flush with some cleaning additives, it will effectively negate the Bar leak thus reverting back to square one. Is it the little bottle that looks cool when you shake it? The copper sediment is on the bottom of the bottle.

I have used the JB-Weld instant on my radiator after removing from the car and finding the leak, still holding up (I know, just too lazy and frugal to get a new one). It withstands high pressure such as radiator pressure and other.

A20A1
07-12-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm always worried that it will clogg the radiator some... despite what the package claims.

If the hole is fixable from the exterior then fix it that way.

AccordEpicenter
07-13-2003, 06:38 PM
i hear thats the best stuff to use... Ive seen people use soo much solder seal shit that its plugged up headgaskets and warped heads.... if its really shot just get a new radiator

rocky2
07-14-2003, 04:58 PM
plumbers puddy epoxy from local harware store is a two part thing like jb weld just more simple to use.