PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

wprocomp
07-12-2003, 07:20 PM
you peeps that have about that grassroots race accord..well I finally got alhold of the guy that owns it,and it is for sale...my ? is should I buy it?it has lots of badass equipment but its got a cracked block and is not really a daily driveable car(duh) should I go for it and take the parts of it and transfer them to my car or fix it up and drive it? asking price is $1700 obo....

zero.counter
07-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Which car are you talking about? That one in the video that has a wiped interior? If so, sounds like a steal, shit. Which parts are available to gut from it?

wprocomp
07-12-2003, 07:31 PM
That one in the video that has a wiped interior
yep...and it comes with an extra head too(lxi spec) it may even have a gasket...if I buy it and the head currently on it is ok I will let you have it(you need it right?)but I will most likely buy it

zero.counter
07-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Shit bro, for someone I have not even met, you are a fuckin awesome fellow poster!

wprocomp
07-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Shit bro, for someone I have not even met, you are a fuckin awesome fellow poster!
:D thanks

Mike's89AccordLX
07-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Dude I remember that video! That video inspired me to tune more and more. I would buy it at least for the parts. Then part it out on here if you want.

A20A1
07-12-2003, 10:28 PM
did they finish the custom dual carb setup?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Do not get suspension lust, research what was done to it. It is not a viable (longer than a road race) long term solution, in the front or in the rear. They built it for a special race, not with long term ownership in mind. That is why I did not take a page from their book to apply it as a fix for Koni discontuing their sturts shortly for our cars. And bear in mind that they need to overcharge for the car so they can use the money to fund their next grassroots $2004 challenge.

wprocomp
07-13-2003, 01:12 PM
thanks jim I will take that into consideration...it still has the weber sidedrafts on it,and has not changed at all,he did talk about tapping the manifold so he could put A/C and power steering on it...I will let everyone know what happens...I really want that manifold with the webers the most because I want to use em on my accord...how hard would it be to make it fit with A/C and power steering intact?

Osiris
07-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Weber sidedrafts. Looks and sounds cool! :-p

Osiris
07-14-2003, 04:54 AM
Hey wprocomp. If you get it we need to get together and have us a pull apart! LOL

wprocomp
07-14-2003, 12:37 PM
hey there you are osiris..thought you were mia or something lol,well hopefully everything goes ok with this I really want it bad...but my pops dosent want another car in the driveway(we have 8 now:rolleyes: )but I will convince him...heheh

wprocomp
07-20-2003, 01:51 PM
well I just came back from checking out this car and well...it is a racecar...super stiff suspension...NO inteior...it runs ok but I think it has a blown ring because it keeps on blowning the valve cover gasket out...carbs and manifold look ok...clutch feels tired..all in all though has lots of good parts...without the rims he said $1000 for it(nice rims and tires but I don need them) I will prob part it out...I want the sidedrafts but I don think they are very street freindly....so if I do get it I will prob sell the manifold and the 40's and get a 32/36....anyways what do you think...