PDA

View Full Version : Best Front Shocks for Eibach Pro-Kit Springs ?

gateau
06-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey all. I've read most of the posting on springs & shocks here and many of you seem to be fairly knowledgable on the subject of suspension.

Here's my current setup...

Springs: Eibach Pro-Kit
Shocks: Bilstein B36-1135L/R HD front, B36-1089
Rims: 14" 1991 Prelude Si stock alloys
Tires: P195/60R-14
Sway Bars: Suspension Techniques - front & rear w/Urethane Bushings

Problem: I am getting occasional unacceptable front end bounce, mostly on the freeway. (I suspect that the Bilstein's are too "soft".)

Other than the "bounce" the ride & handling are great for me (& the significate other.) Much improved over stock.

Question: What front shocks would be best with these springs to eliminate the bounce?

Thanks, Steve

p.s. I have already tried cutting my bump stops in half, which helped, but I am concerned about making them any shorter.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-10-2002, 07:10 PM
I had the same problem, Bilsteins H.D.'s are to soft for duty with lowering springs. I pulled mine and purchased Koni specials. The bounce was banished and as a added plus it felt soooo much better, tighter and allot more sporty. But I've recently damaged my front koni's so I decided to send the front Bilsteins off to be revalved stiffer. That is what you should do. It will cost you $110 to revalve the fronts+shipping. I got them back last week and haven't been able to get with my brother to put them on. Call Bilstein and ask to speak with jack 1-925-730-1988 Discuss with him how you want them revalved.

He'll want to know your spring rates, here is what they are
308lbs to 742lbs in the front. If you also want to do the rear he's the rates for the rear 97lbs to 200lbs They can revalve them based on their spring rates or firmer. Since I'm considering installing stiffer springs I elected to go firmer with the valving. And jack agreed after hearing what I wanted from my setup.

DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME WITH ANY OTHER STRUT OTHER THAN KONI SPECIALS OR REVALVING YOUR BILSTEINS! You will be wasting your money! Don't kid yourself they their something firmer out their, their isn't.

CARBurn
06-10-2002, 07:34 PM
So the only choice I have to complement my eibach sportline springs when it comes stiffer shocks is koni's or revalved Bilsteins...oh but but they cost sooo much...but I guess I'll find a way to opt for the Koni's.

Fascarz
06-10-2002, 08:14 PM
I'm running Eibach Pro Kit springs with Tokico blues all around. The ride is pretty good and in my opinion, not bouncy. Can't compare it to the Koni's or Bilstein's as I have never had these in any of my cars... :)

A20A1
06-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Bumpstops??? those yellow spongey things... that I got rid of cause they... well... I just tossed the ones that didn't fall off by themselves. :)

YK86
06-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Follow Jim's advise. Tokicos will probably be about the same or worse than the Bilstein's. I have the Tokicos with Pro-kits and thought it was a bit bouncy in the front. The rears are great.

marc49
06-11-2002, 05:20 AM
now with the koni's are you going to feel every little bump in the road?? i realize that with lowering springs it's going to be a stiffer ride, but i personally don't want to get whip lash driving down the street. You know how some of the streets are in fresno jim, pot holes galore at least they are finally re-paving 99 lol

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by marc49
now with the koni's are you going to feel every little bump in the road?? i realize that with lowering springs it's going to be a stiffer ride, but i personally don't want to get whip lash driving down the street. You know how some of the streets are in fresno jim, pot holes galore at least they are finally re-paving 99 lol

No you don't feel every bump in the road. They are firm not stiff. Even when I first got the koni's, their were times I wanted them to me stiffer. But that's during the times I would be pushing the car pretty hard and at much higher speeds than most people would be comfortable with.

I always thought the streets around fresno were allot better then in my town, LOL. Hey if your game I'll drive up and we can meet and I'll toss you the keys to my car:D I'm serious, any time.
I'm not working right now:rolleyes: