PDA

View Full Version : I messed up on vaccum lines!!!?????

dj_004
07-13-2003, 01:35 PM
:bow: Please help me!!!!!!!!!1 i tried to remove my vaccum lines using the how to and i follow it correctly i think but my car wont start?!!!!! there were a few ports on my carb that i wasnt told to plug so when i put the carb back on i put the hoses back on those and it still wont start!??? what did i do wrong??? all it said to reconnect was the feul line and the throttle cable. someone please help me!! i have to have my car..... OH AND WHO EVER DID THAT HOW TO DIDNT MAKE IT VERY INFORMATIVE!!!!!!! :confused: :bow: :wtf: :( :burn:

shepherd79
07-13-2003, 01:40 PM
not very informative. oh thanks a lot. a lot of people followed it and had no problems.
did you follow my how to or mike's (A20A1) how to.
oh yeah, you just don't pull the lines and you done. you have to plug a few.
How to explains very good.

dXsquared
07-13-2003, 01:48 PM
NEWBIES SHOULDNT DO HUGE THINGS LIKE THIS!!!
newbies get floormats and shift knobs, then progress there way to making major mods to the engine...
Travis

shepherd79
07-13-2003, 02:03 PM
tell us what you did. step by step.
pictures would be helpful at this point so i can see what you did wrong.

A20A1
07-13-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry...

you guys are right though... this mod came about after a few years of tinkering and sharing of ideas. Maybe i should put up a warning in the how to thread.

shepherd79
07-13-2003, 02:41 PM
yeah Mike, i think you should put up WARNING.

dj_004
07-13-2003, 02:43 PM
well i now know one thing that i did wrong i use silacone to plug some of the ports and line. yeah i know that was stupid! and all i did was follow the how to (the one at Fortune City) and i plugged all the ports that it said to and there were two ports left open so when i put the carb back on i just put the lines back on those... i dont know if i should leave them off or what....? and i plugged all the lines that had no port.. and my car just wont start! i now know that i shouldnt have attempted this mod but it sounded so easy! i hope i can fix what i did wrong becuase i have to have my car for work... that way i wont have to drive my dads

shepherd79
07-13-2003, 03:12 PM
ok so you followed my HOW TO.
OK, first thing, you should not use silicone to plug ports on the carb. you can buy special vacuum line plugs at autoparts stores.
second, if you have AIM, you can IM me so i can take you step by step.
third, try to take some pictures, please. i want to see what i am gonna work with.

dj_004
07-13-2003, 05:26 PM
well i tell you what guys.... i apreciate all of you help but i messed up some of the vaccum lines so im just going to get new lines and put it back the way it was. i talked to a guy today about helping me remove the vaccum lines and he didnt know how to do it since his honda civic is fuel injected..... so im just goin to put it back the way it was... at least until i learn a little more about what im doing! but i thank you all for your help.. and im sure the HOW TO was right and all! i know most stuff like maitnance but alot of this modifieing is new to me so ill just have to learn from my mistakes! and of course i can always ask all of you! thanks again!

dj_004

shepherd79
07-14-2003, 10:00 AM
why are you going to put everything back?
it is just easier to fix what you done.

dj_004
07-14-2003, 10:04 AM
see thats the thing i dont know what ive done.... and i dont have a dig. camera to take pics... but i do have one question..... when it said to remove the black box... what box is it talking about?

POS carb
07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
#1 easiest fix is get a weber carb
#2 easiest fix is rigging your current setup to run
#3 would be redo the whole thing because you need to get EVERYTHING right and there are at least 50 sections of hose in there from factory.

make sure you didn't plug the vacuum going to your distributor, if I think of the other ones that will give you a no-start I'll post it

dj_004
07-14-2003, 11:21 AM
ok ill check on the distributor

dXsquared
07-14-2003, 12:50 PM
the BLACK BOX is the big box with all the vac lines... i remember having vac lines.. it was a real bitch... now i have a weber!!!

Travis

3rdGenFanatic
07-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Hehe.. I just grabbed, snatched, and pulled... I broke a few things but Sheperd informed me that I didn't need them. Turned out great. Thank you so much Mike, Sheperd, and Mindlos. My car runs MUCH better now. You can tell that the engine isn't struggling with all of the bullcrap.

BITESIZE
07-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Just because it says, newbies on his avatar, doesn't mean he's stupid. It just means he doesn't post threads very much. Hey, just trying to stick up for him, i'm too nice.

Here's a tip, swith to fuel injected. :)

A20A1
07-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by BITESIZE

Here's a tip, swith to fuel injected. :)

Gasp! You said the "F" word :eek:

.:D

BITESIZE
07-14-2003, 09:52 PM
:) I like my f word in my car. I defanitely recommend it. :)

dj_004
07-15-2003, 04:03 AM
well could that be what i did wrong??? i didnt even remove that big black box..? SO you mean i suppose to remove every vaccum line and all the metal lines??? what about the line from my distributor.....? dont i need those?

P.S. how do i change from carb to feul injected? is it hard? and how much $?

dj_004
07-15-2003, 04:07 AM
oh and thanks BITESIZE for taking up for me but i really dont know much about vaccum lines before i attempted this mod. all i know is that HONDA was stupid for useing them and that they were kidding when they said you hav 50 million of them...!!!

P.S. im going the get new vaccum lines today but if all i have to do is take off the black box then ill try that...? but i dont know so you all have to tell me!

shepherd79
07-15-2003, 05:55 AM
if you still have all the metal lines and black box under the hood. just put your car back together. when you get some more experience on this board, you can try this project again.

Osiris
07-15-2003, 07:51 AM
To the guys who did this mod, is it worth doing even if i plan on keeping the stock carb a while, and what are the benefits besides getting rid of miles of vacuum lines. Also what features will i lose in the process of this mod?

I dont need CC, since it doesnt work anyways. Would like to keep A/C tho since it regularly gets past 100 degrees here.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Ok guys there's absolutely no reason to start throwing around F-Bombs around here. Only thing I wanna hear is carbed. I would get a weber. I have to say that the how to's are great! I followed both and had help from mindlos and A20A1. I wasn't a noob and I still had some problems. It's definetely not the easiest thing to do. I would start out with smaller things first. Oh and buy a weber b/c then you won't need any vac lines other than the advance diaphram.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Osiris
To the guys who did this mod, is it worth doing even if i plan on keeping the stock carb a while, and what are the benefits besides getting rid of miles of vacuum lines. Also what features will i lose in the process of this mod?

I dont need CC, since it doesnt work anyways. Would like to keep A/C tho since it regularly gets past 100 degrees here.

Ok you will still have your a/c. And I would say don't do it if you're going to stick with the stock carb. Unless you have a custom intake.