PDA

View Full Version : B20a valve springs and oil pressure.

AccordSi
07-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah it's a repost. Well the Si is back on the streets again after being rearended. I fixed my speedo cable thanks to Gregstoofast....and I'm finally able to see what she can do via the speedo. I took her onto the freeway and unleashed thru four gears....190kmph@7200 in fourth. I get haven't really gotten valve float since the shop did the engine rebuild but I don't really want to chance it. So to those who may know my question is will any aftermarket dual valve springs from the other model hondas work with the B20A, and where can I get them. I don't really live in the high rpm but I'm seriously thinking about competing in the local track meets with my car and I just want to be careful. I am also searching for any info on raising my oil pressure.

carotman
07-14-2003, 05:28 AM
I don't know if the bottom end will survive this high RPM ordeal. The B20A has a really high stroke..

I do know that the valves from the B20A5 and the B20A are the same. the spings might be similar, so whatever fits the B20A5 might fit the B20A too.

AccordSi
07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
I've got H23 connecting rods, but like I said I don't really stay that high up in rpm. When I checked before during my head rebuild...I had lots of problems getting stuff from the B20A5 to fit exactly....it was easier to get B18A parts to fit my head. In fact the B18 cams fit the B20A head, they're just a little longer I think, so they need slight machining.

carotman
07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
well, I checked all the part numbers and the only thing that doesn't match are the valve springs... all the rest matched (exept the cam of course)

The B20A is really a mix and match from alot of engines (actually it's alot of engines that are derived from the B20A hehe)