PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE. A few Questions

nwo504
07-13-2003, 09:57 PM
How much would it be to get my ac repaired? when i turn it on my car shakes but it dosent blow cold air.

when i hit my brakes theirs an annoying clicking sound what could be wrong?

Lastly My pasanger side Headlight is broken I had to detatch it and now have to leave it up or flip it up manually i need a special part for it but don't know where to get it

A20A1
07-13-2003, 10:11 PM
1) I have no idea

2) I have no idea

3) You have to explain it more... Like is the headlight motor still there? How did the light break and is it physical damage or electrical like a fuse blew out or something?

nwo504
07-13-2003, 10:12 PM
the light got stuck and drained my battrie the moto is still thete i just unscrewed it so it can go down

POS carb
07-14-2003, 12:57 PM
1. unbalanced compressor can cause shaking, just have the gas levels checked and recharged if necessary, that's ususlly what would cause that otherwise it wouldn't even shake probably

2. been there done that, never really figured it out but I ended up taking the caliper off a few times and putting it back and finally it went away, also you should get your rotors turned to get rid of warping

3. if something blocks the motor's motion (even the wiring harness can do that) it will jam partially open and the motor will keep trying to close (which eventually leads to a dead battery and maybe a burned motor), make sure the wires aren't blocking it behind the bulb (usually gets stuck underneath the light and it can't fully rotate down)

NXRacer
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by POS carb

3. if something blocks the motor's motion (even the wiring harness can do that) it will jam partially open and the motor will keep trying to close (which eventually leads to a dead battery and maybe a burned motor), make sure the wires aren't blocking it behind the bulb (usually gets stuck underneath the light and it can't fully rotate down)

Or if in like my case and its been wrecked before and the headlight frame is bent somehow, the arm that connects the motor to the headlight frame could be bent or damaged and is getting jammed somewhere. Check it out and make sure the arm is OK. If you are able to manually make it flip, there may be a problem with the motor.

nwo504
07-14-2003, 08:40 PM
its the arm thats damaged thge black thing on it is all chewed up

POS carb
07-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by POS carb
1. unbalanced compressor can cause shaking, just have the gas levels checked and recharged if necessary, that's ususlly what would cause that otherwise it wouldn't even shake probably

haha I just read my post which makes no sense. The unbalanced compressor will cause shaking, the low gas level is what will allow it to turn on (which u can tell it is on by the shaking) yet still not cool.