PDA

View Full Version : junkyard rims!

staticpat
06-10-2002, 09:52 PM
alright im not rich cant go getting some $300 chrome rims or anything, but i want my car to look nice. i have the good old stock, crap black rims,and broken covers. so i went to a used parts store (junkyard) looking for some nice honda or unmarked rims for mad cheap. actually had a nice selection. i wanted these here, 15" rims and wheels for $300 off a newer civic or accord, but bolt pattern was 4X115! anyway to make a long story short i ended up with some 1987 14" integra rims and some honda centercaps, the set and tires (actually more tread than mine) for $200. im quite pleased, especially after i cleaned them up good. and ill probably make half my money back by selling my old ones. ill get some pics soon.

staticpat
06-10-2002, 09:54 PM
heres they are. if anyone can give me some hints on polishing them up, or refurbursihing the finish please feel free. thanksss

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 01:02 PM
i wanted these here, 15" rims and wheels for $300 off a newer civic or accord, but bolt pattern was 4X115!

Your right and your wrong (in a good way), accord rims (like the one you pictured), are 4x115. But all civic model years are 4x100mm and will fit. Look for 2001-2002 civic rims, even some standard wheels are 15":super:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by staticpat
best pic online i can find of the ones i got. trust me they look alot better, this just shows the style. if anyone can give me some hints on polishing them up, or refurbursihing the finish please feel free. thanksss

Hmm, I think I'm one of the few people around here that was crazy enough to strip, repair and refinish a set of alloy rims. It was an experience I would wish on no other person, a major
pain in the butt. And those were rims that didn't have any small openings that a spray paint can couldn't reach. I own 2 airbrushes, but using them would have been even more of a headache. So my advice is don't refurbish them, keep looking be patient. Or do what ever you can short of refurbishing them.

staticpat
06-12-2002, 07:48 AM
and a close up

Jims 86LXI HB
06-12-2002, 08:45 AM
Really they look pretty nice. Don't bother trying to refurbish them, they look great as is. Do what you can short of that.

Mantis88LX
06-15-2002, 01:17 PM
hey staticpat, im in AL also, we should try to meet up sometime.

hey the rims look great, i think im gonna start searching for some.

staticpat
06-17-2002, 05:45 PM
mantis, i live in steele (hick town between gadsden and birmingham). we do need to meet, but im too embarassed to right now, at least for a month or two. my car is bone stock, and dinged up some. im avidly working on making it cool. whenever i grow some pride, we can meet at the huntsville track or something. (thats near athens, isn't it?). i want to see your car.