PDA

View Full Version : where to put power cord threw fire wall?

Flyguy1625
07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
hey i just got my new system a few days ago and i didn't know where to put the power cord threw the fire wall. so if anyone can let me know asap it'd really help me out. thanx

pimp86LX
07-14-2003, 09:06 PM
I drilled a hole. But then again i was was running a 4g wire

Flyguy1625
07-14-2003, 09:10 PM
i know i have to drill a hole but the thing is is that im not sure where a good spot would be.

yaxley
07-15-2003, 05:17 AM
You don't have to drill anything just look for the rubber plug on the fire wall behind your coil if you cut a slit in it your power cable will fit through keep the cut small and force the cable through that way you still have a water tight seal.
P.S. don't forget an inline fuse within 18inchs of the battery.

87DXHatch
07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
You don't have to drill a hole for ANYTHING. I ran 0-guage through a grommet in mine, it's right by the air box... the hole comes out about a foot about the gas or brake pedal. Our cars are REALLY easy to run power wire through. I've got 0-guage all the way back under the carpet and you would not know it if you didn't see the engine bay or the trunk.

Flyguy1625
07-17-2003, 06:09 PM
ok thanx a lot guys. i now hav my system up and running. :super:

my86dx4dr
09-24-2003, 01:33 AM
wow.......cool i guess i can take the power wire out and re run it.......im so sad at installin power wire......i have mine running with the driver side speaker in the door then it goes up behind the q-panel......and then all the way over to the other side, and i am so safe, i have it zip tide to the fuel line :-D

danronian
09-24-2003, 03:49 AM
I just drilled a hole through the floor and routed it up against the car. I did it for the ease and b/c I did it in a garage with not enought light to find the grommit.

wallyyfm
09-24-2003, 10:02 AM
i was a cheap ass and put it through the door jam, when my buick bursts into flames ill be sorry then, but it saved me a couple hours for installation now

Grant2k
09-24-2003, 01:34 PM
i drilled a whole in the passanger side floorboard and used a PCV valve grommet.

NXRacer
09-24-2003, 01:41 PM
i ran my power wires, RCA cables and stuff right down the middle of the car. I just pulled out the shifter console, took out the back seat and ran it that way. its WAY too much of a pain in the ass to take out the sills.

To feed it under the rug just push a straightened coat hanger through and tape the wire to it and pull it out. It keeps all the wires together and keeps em out of site. The best way IMHO.

Morbid Intentionz
09-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Lol. I thought i was the only crazy that used a hanger

POS carb
09-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by my86dx4dr
and i am so safe, i have it zip tide to the fuel line :-D

:lol
I had a wire short out to the seat track, I don't even want to think of what would happen if it zaps the fuel line... 0 gauge is a lot of current
:werd:

SephirXV
12-12-2003, 06:57 PM
You don't have to drill a hole for ANYTHING. I ran 0-guage through a grommet in mine, it's right by the air box... the hole comes out about a foot about the gas or brake pedal. Our cars are REALLY easy to run power wire through. I've got 0-guage all the way back under the carpet and you would not know it if you didn't see the engine bay or the trunk.

I looked for the hole he's referring to, but couldn't find it. I slit a hole in a rubber stopper that I found just behind the airbox (efi mounted in back of engine bay.) It came out way up above my brake and gas pedal, but it worked.

89 Accords Rock
12-24-2003, 05:35 AM
im running 2 guage wire just go through one of the rubber holes in the firewall where the rubber plug is make a hole in it and run throug, clean and you wont get water in there.

Grant2k
12-24-2003, 07:59 AM
its WAY too much of a pain in the ass to take out the sills.

the sills come out with like 5 screws. they can be out and back in in 5 minutes, i don't see what could be easier than that.