PDA

View Full Version : Take Care Of Car

HondaBoy
07-14-2003, 11:33 PM
well, for the last 7 years or so, my 3gee has been outside most of the time. now that the paint is getting old and shitty, i decided to get a car cover. actually, i have been wanting one for the longest time. anyway, my grandma ordered me one, but they sent 2. i cover it up every night now cuz the '02 accord sleeps in the garage. gotta keep it lookin new. since ive been using my car cover daily, it stays cleaner. so what do y'all do to keep care of your car? or do you just let it sit without anything on it. i can imagine if your car isnt in a closed driveway or parked in the street, its not easy to keep a car cover cuz someone might steal it.

BITESIZE
07-15-2003, 12:53 AM
My car sits in the sun all during the day. :(

Osiris
07-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Mine sits in the sun also, plus it easily gets up to and past 100 degrees on a normal basis here. Its hell on the dash board. I brought one of those sun visors you put in your windshield when your parked to help stop the fading. Car is being completely reworked tho so im not too worried about that.

RobT5580
07-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Be carefull with the cover because the plastic eyelets can scratch your paint when you put it on and take it off.

88' Accord Ltd
07-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Mine sits outside all summer....but in the winter it has a home in my mom's garage! :D

HostileJava
07-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Mine sits in the shade during the day and in the garage at night.

BDaccordguy
07-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Mine sits in the garage during the day (when nobody else is home), and in the pole barn at night.

cdscowboy
07-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Mine's in the parking lot in the sun till about 4 or 5, then the sun goes behind my apt complex. When I'm home it goes in the carport :)

Hash_man_Se_i
07-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Mine sits in the sun all day, and the leather just hates it!!! :(

But luckily we only really have like 3 months of warm weather, so the winter sun doesnt really hurt it too bad, and the snow isnt that bad on it. it isnt rusting too bad.. and what there is will be gone soon enough. :)

89LxiAg
07-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Mine sits in the sun for most of the morning, then under a tree at work until 4 or 5 pm. After that, it comes home and sits under the carport till the next morning.

I also use a very good polish that I found on the web, it keeps my new paint job looking great. www.zainobros.com is where you can get some too. I'll post pics as soon as I can set up a website.

MrBen
07-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Mine sits in the driveway and sometimes garage. But being in Washington, we don't see the sun all to much except for in the summer.

danronian
07-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Mine sits in the driveway under trees which drop branches on my car almost daily and constantly drop sap all over the car which produces a rainbow effect on the windshield every day. It doesnt get much sun but i'm sure it is hating the sap and pieces of trees landing on it constantly. Thanks to the previous owner the black paint on my accords roof and hood is flacking and half primer. So once I find the accord's paint in spray bomb form I'll use the dual action sander to take all of the paint off and will make it all black once again. Both of the edges of the rear wheelwells are also rusted out but for now I just neatly put black sealer in the rust holes and for the past six months since I bought it, it hasnt gotten any worse. It actually hid the damage pretty well. If you arent looking real hard the rust is hardly noticable, but the missing paint sure is bad looking.

Not like a rock
07-18-2003, 09:57 PM
My car sits under a tree and gets covered in sap. My other broken down 3g sits beside it and gets covered in sap too. Sometimes, my sister hits them with her truck.

They also get hit by trucks at shopping mall parking lots. All the big dents are well above the bumpers / trim. The trailer hitch crater in the middle of the hood is my particular favorite. Maybe trucks just can't see my little cars due to huge lifts and even bigger bug deflectors.'

Maybe the sap from the trees will prevent the scratches from rusting.