PDA

View Full Version : Wanna CF Dash!

HondaBoy
07-15-2003, 12:12 AM
i want to order a carbon fiber dash trim kit. i realy dont mind that its costs $217. since im customizing the interior already, this might as well get put in too. ive done most of the stuff for realy cheap, so this might as well be what is costly. my only problem will be deciding on what color of CF to get. there are 4 choices of colors in real, not plastic, CF. well, i know a lot of y'all might say, dont waste your money, but realy, i wont feel i am. anyway, help me out with choosing a color. my interior is red and black color scheme. that will be dash and trim colors. and also, i maybe leave my top portion white. the part that is above the window line. the color choices are black, red, yellow, and blue. y'all might be interested in getting the CF trim as well, so heres the link to help with an idea of what it looks like. http://www.wooddash.com/item/HONDA_Dash_Kits_ACCORD_86_89
vote on my poll.

BITESIZE
07-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Save your money for some nice rims. I think the interior pieces are cheesey.

A20A1
07-15-2003, 01:58 AM
for an extra 200 or so, you can get a CF hood. If they still make em.

HostileJava
07-15-2003, 04:16 AM
I'd like to see what they look like. Don't forget to take pics. I would use either black or red since that is what the rest of your interior is. Get whatever color is not going behind it. For instance if your going to have red going around the cf get black.

Osiris
07-15-2003, 07:12 AM
I chose black because no matter what color you paint your car it will always match. I would want them to but there doesnt seem like enough pieces there for 200+ dollars.

http://www.wooddash.com/fullimage/WD086.gif

Mike's89AccordLX
07-15-2003, 07:29 AM
I know someone that still makes a carbon fiber hood for our cars. Only email me if you have the money and will buy it. B/c I don't want to bother this guy b/c I'm going to get one from him soon. $398 shipped. And I agree I don't think there is enough pieces to make it worth buying that. And what I'm wondering is it 3m tape on or what?

NXRacer
07-15-2003, 07:41 AM
those cf dash trim kits look really cheezy. My friend had one in his 99 civic sedan and it looked corny as hell. It stuck to the original trim and stuck out. Looked really dumb.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-15-2003, 07:46 AM
If you couldn't tell that it was a trim kit then it would be sweet. But I have a feeling that it will stick up and you will be able to see the side of the tape. And be kinda ugly. But I think that the cf gauge bezel from procarparts is cool b/c you can't see the sides.

BITESIZE
07-15-2003, 12:10 PM
I would agree.

toastyghost
07-15-2003, 03:01 PM
no silver?! :P

HostileJava
07-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
If you couldn't tell that it was a trim kit then it would be sweet. But I have a feeling that it will stick up and you will be able to see the side of the tape. And be kinda ugly. But I think that the cf gauge bezel from procarparts is cool b/c you can't see the sides.

It does look pretty nice, I'll have to post some pics of it shortly.

HondaBoy
07-15-2003, 10:11 PM
ah, didnt thing of it sticking up. but i can fix that. i would just take the 2 sided tape off and glue it and make it look like its supposed to go there. my dash is going to be red by the way. i realy should get on it. my interior looks kinda mis matched with the black and red seats. im estimating the paint i will used to make the plastic red will cost around $35. each can being about $5. im going to do it with plastic paint so it will stick realy good and be the right color. i think maybe that black CF would look good on a red dash. im not shur about the console cuz i already did that in black.

Elijah
07-16-2003, 12:18 AM
I picked blue before I read the thread my bad.I would go with black or red.

HondaBoy
07-16-2003, 09:22 PM
oh, and i realy dont car about the cost, cuz someone else is probley going to buy it for me. like my mom or grandma. just as long as its real, im not going to feel bad about price. but y'all got a point with it not being too many pieces for the money.

zero.counter
07-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I know someone that still makes a carbon fiber hood for our cars. Only email me if you have the money and will buy it. B/c I don't want to bother this guy b/c I'm going to get one from him soon. $398 shipped. And I agree I don't think there is enough pieces to make it worth buying that. And what I'm wondering is it 3m tape on or what?
Is this guy gonna make em for awhile? I will have $400 in about a month.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-19-2003, 07:47 PM
he will always make them. Let me know and I will give you his address.

wallyyfm
07-23-2003, 08:23 AM
dear fuckin god, you'd pay that much to make your interior as tacky as a god damn plaid neck tie?

your car looks as plain as this doughnut im eating and you want a carbon fiber interior?

buy some rims

Admiral
08-16-2003, 12:06 PM
CF should only come in black, but I'd get a CF hood or some rims. But thats just me.

RAZR
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
have you checked ebay cause they have kits that are the same there just cheaper in price. but im not sure if there cheaper quality

Pico
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Wow this is a thread from 03

lostforawhile
10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
well it's getting close to Halloween, time to raise the dead. I just made all my trim out of aluminum, real stuff not stick on tape. I voted for yellow just because it's the ugliest thing I could think of to go with "looks like ass" stick on tape

RAZR
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry guys I was looking at old threads and I forgot I went back this far and I thought this was a current thread. My bad

89T
10-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I voted black lol!