PDA

View Full Version : Remote power question

pimp86LX
06-11-2002, 01:04 AM
ok i have a 10" black light for my car, and it says it draws 500mA of power so i tryed to run it off of my amp (in parallell) but it keeps setting off the saftey switch in the amp...now i'm thinking i can run it off of the remote power...but i'm afraid of hurting my deck....

i'd run a separate wire if i had to but i was hoping to avoid liftin the carpet again......anyone have any ideas?

pimping89lxi
06-11-2002, 04:04 PM
:bandit:

No dont Run it from your Remote! You will kill your Deck!

And dont run it off your amp either. Since it is of a different olhm than that if your speakers, that is why it was setting off the Safety. the best way to run it might be to fuse a power line off your power cable to the amp and run it to wherever you want to put the black light!

NOAHS88accord
06-11-2002, 05:39 PM
well since i have a black light right above the front driver/passenger seats. i would highly recommend running it to a switch somewhere close to you and then run its own power and ground since black lights are "suppossedly" a hazard and that makes them illegal just my way of doing it

peace
Noah

staticpat
06-11-2002, 07:13 PM
why do you want it hooked to your amp? do you want it to blink with the beats? if not you can just plug it into your cigarrette lighter (with an adapter). if you want it to go with the music, speakers usually have an extra positive and negative clip for wiring to each other. just run wires off some speaker to your light. you might want to put a variable resistor (volume control) in line, so you can adjust the signal so it doesn't get too much power, and turn it off when appropriate (ie. daytime or cop time)

pimp86LX
06-11-2002, 10:24 PM
ok my bad, what i meant by "off the amp" was connecting to the main 12v cable(wich is 8 gauge) in parallel with the amp, and i thought that shouldn't effect it that much but i guess it does, oh well

i probably will have to run my own power cable which is fine, but the black light is IN the speaker box(looks neat cause the logo onthe speakers is white ) and i'm lazy so i was looking for a shortcut :p time for some effort :smokin:

thanks guys