PDA

View Full Version : carb weird ness....

killerb09
06-11-2002, 06:07 AM
I've always had a high idle...aroudn 1500rpm...once I tried to lower it but even with the cabl;e loose adn teh stop screw undone it still stayed at 1500.....

now my problem has resurfaced....now the car won't kick off teh choke(or thats what it feels like) adn runs at 2g's where my choke is around 2300 or there abouts....

I pulled it apart last night and hit it with some carb cleaner...didn't work....plated around with it a bit adn fiddled with the choke....didn't work....
it just looks lik ethe choke isn't working or somehitng....likeit doesn't go to vertical position when the car is warm.....

it's pain in the ass driving the car adn siting at lights reving 2g's...

anybody know what mioght be the problem??

is there an idle control valve on these suckers?? adn is there more ways to adjust the idle then with the cable and bump stop?

thanks
Jaosn

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 07:37 AM
chech the faq in the " carb questions check here ! :D

MIKE

POS carb
06-12-2002, 09:45 AM
Your fast idle unloader is either stuck (doubt it) or the vacuum hose fell off and it is stuck constantly in fast idle (this could cause the choke to not open) or the thermovalve is stuck shut. Remove the vacuum hose to the fast idle unloader and apply vacuum to it, the shaft should retract and you should be able to lower the idle speed by tapping the throttle once.

killerb09
06-19-2002, 03:32 AM
UPdate:

well I don't know whats going on...now I can get teh revs back down by giving the car a blast of gas up to about 4-5g's tehn it will come down and idle around 1500....

I assume it s a sticky choke...

any ideas of how to "unstick" it....?

ACCORD EX
06-19-2002, 03:01 PM
try some carb cleaner to unstick the choke and pumping the gas !

MIKE

POS carb
06-25-2002, 08:36 AM
check the unloader!!!