PDA

View Full Version : General Maintenance/Parts Replaced?

HondaBoy
07-15-2003, 10:41 PM
ok, well my car isnt doing as good as it should :sad:. anyway, when its at idle in drive, it shudders. if i listen at the intake and exhaust, it kinda sputters. first off i want to know if any of y'all have, or have had this problem. if so, wuts up with it? a few thing i think it could be would be the cap and rotor of the ignition. another would maybe be the fuel filters. i have a feeling the filters need replacement cuz they havent been changed for 6-10 years!!! i know my ignition was pretty nice condition last i checked a few months ago. this wierd shuddering has been going on since the begining of the year i guess. now its getting worse. i checked the motor mounts and they are pretty good. other than my idle, which is mostly low. 700-900rpm in drive, 900-1000rpm in park. maybe my carb needs adjustment? any bit of help from y'all would be great so i can do the work myself. i got my honda repair manual and its easy to follow. also, i listened to my valves and they need to be adjusted. probley need to lash them and check with the lifters as well. HELP ME OUT HERE!

MrBen
07-16-2003, 07:44 AM
I'm sure most all those things need to be done... but I just changed my friend's oil yesterday (first time it was done in years) and filter, and the sputter and shudder went away completely. So start there maybe if you haven't already.