PDA

View Full Version : can i kill the fast idle?

dXsquared
06-11-2002, 07:54 AM
i dont need fast idle and it pisses me off so how do i get rid of it??? Travis

Afrosheen
06-11-2002, 08:16 PM
Bump the throttle for a second, roll down your power windows and turn on your a/c. Might work. Otherwise it's a good design and you need it.

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i dont need fast idle and it pisses me off so how do i get rid of it??? Travis

fast idle isn't just put there for nothing ! car needs to be warmed up to mk sure that the oil and coolant flow well !

MIKE

POS carb
06-11-2002, 09:54 PM
yes you can, I am 100% against it anyways, it does more harm than good. I don't have fast idle and I'm damn glad I don't, I gotta look for the pic.

A20A1
06-11-2002, 09:57 PM
i removed all that when I removed the electronic choke assembly.

...makes getting to the throttle stop screw a whole lot easier

Afrosheen
06-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Look where you live dude! If you're in Hawaii, yeah, you probably don't need it. If you live near the Antarctic Circle (Canada) you probably need it more often than not. Here in Texas I don't need it most of the time but it doesn't idle high for long in the summer, maybe for about 5 seconds after I get in and turn on the AC.

pimp86LX
06-11-2002, 10:50 PM
heh heh i need it! the winters are on average -25C or colder in the day, its defiitly a good iidea up here, but if you don't why not rip it out?

you can't claim it as wieght reduction :super:

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
...makes getting to the throttle stop screw a whole lot easier

you really got a point in that ! :flip: :flipa: :D

MIKE

CARBurn
06-15-2002, 11:33 PM
what is everybody against having fast idle? Isn't it good for warming the car up quickly? What's wrong with that?

smufguy
06-16-2002, 06:03 PM
hmmm how about no idle at all? u get in, start the car and u just start rolling all at once? :confused: . IF u want your car to live long, better go with the fast idle, besides its gonna be for how long? a minute or two? besides, for carb guys if we just take off, we will find ourself stalled out. never had anyone complain about fast idle before. but then, i also forgot about innovative ppl. :D

ACCORD EX
06-17-2002, 02:39 AM
honda isn't stupid when they put the fast idle in there ! :)

it helps the flow of the coolant and oil ! and if you live in a hot place it just want idle fast you don't need to disable it ! :)

MIKE