PDA

View Full Version : Crap!

RustyHo88
07-16-2003, 09:10 AM
after days and days of pulling stuff apart, i finally started putting things together. my lights used to not retract, now they do. however, my cruise wasnt working before either. the main switch tested bad, so i stole one from a parts car (tested fine). before, my horns also were working. i replaced both of them, and they work, but they are considerably quieter than my 84 accord. anyway, my cruise still doesnt work, (the light in the instrument cluster doesnt turn on). im certain my main control unit works, and i also test the steering wheel switch, it was fine. so, what the heck is going on? all my cruise control components work, and so do my horns (although quietly). do my quiet horns have something to do with my cruise not working? i also discovered something kind of wierd. the circuit on the horns sends power through both wires to the horns when the horn switch is not pressed. then, when you press the horn, one of the wires stops sending power (making it a ground) and the horn is activated. is the circuit supposed to be that way? it wouldve made more sense to me if one wire was a permanent ground, and the other wire sent the power when the horn was pressed. is my wiring screwed up... or is there a problem somewhere else? is there a horn relay somewhere i can test? thanks.

-will

RustyHo88
07-16-2003, 06:37 PM
wow, over twenty views, and no replies?!?!? does that mean i stumped everyone? do i get some kind of reward? :D

cruznz
07-17-2003, 04:07 AM
try checking the wiring/earth connection for the slip ring on the steering wheel,....horn circuit is correct,....if i remember right,....the Cruise control has some connection with the Horn circuit

RustyHo88
07-17-2003, 05:28 AM
yes, yes it does, i already know that. that is why i replaced the horns in the first place. and yes, the horn switch in the steering wheel works, as well as the set/resume switch. any other ideas?

SiR
07-17-2003, 05:55 AM
I couldn't understande if the "Cruise Control" anounciater is illuminated when you press the cruise control button thats on the dash, that might be bad if your saying that it dosent light up.

RustyHo88
07-17-2003, 11:47 AM
anounciater? you mean the main switch, to the left of the steering wheel? the little light in that box lights up like its supposed to (now that ive replaced it) but the light on the dash doesnt turn on. i tested the set/ resume switch by taking off the steering wheel and hooking up a multimeter to the various wire ends and testing them using the instructions in the accord manual. so basically... im just wondering what could be wrong with my cruise is my main control unit works, my set/resume switch works, and my main switch still works. is it true that if the actuator doesnt work, the light in the guage cluster will still light up? if so, then it must be a wire thats grounded, or... is has something to do with my quiet horns. thanks.