PDA

View Full Version : power windows

bachnuts
07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
So i was driving on the highway one day and went to pay a toll. i put down the window, threw $ .50 and drove away. The wind started pissing me off so i went to put up my window, but oops it wont go back up. I pulled over to see if i blew a fuse, no problem there, looked at the wiring and no problem there. Later, after being windblasted for an hour of driving, i noticed when the car is at idle and i try to put up another window that is already up the car's rpm's struggle a little bit, thats how i know that there is power going o them, all of them have power excewpt for the driver window. Is it the window motor?? If it is how do i take it out to look at it because on my first attempt on taking off the interior door panel i just found there to be a steel wall behind it with the wires to the motor inside. How the hell do i get to the motor?? Are there any other suggestions on how what the problem is?? Post soon because i cant tell you enough how bad it sucks to drive when i know it is going to rain. it looks pretty sweet pulling up next to someone with my window down when there is a downpour!

shepherd79
07-16-2003, 11:55 AM
if you take the door panel out, you will can get to the motor very easy. It sounds like your motor may be locked up.

HondaBoy
07-16-2003, 09:50 PM
i had a similar problem. it was just my switch was bad. i realy just fixed it without having to replace it. i just used some sand paper where the switches metal connection inside touches. it was just crusty. worked for me. try that and look at other connections.

BITESIZE
07-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I'll bet it's your switch, I think if your motor was dead, it would have been giving you problems before it died. Sounds like an electrical problem. Try bypassing the switch to get power to the motor.

89AccordLXI666
07-27-2003, 09:57 PM
I have the same problem... I know it couldn't be the switch to my driver side power window, cuz when I push the button for the window to go down I here like a little click sound so that must mean it's the motor right??? N E 1 know or have n e idea's? if so please let me know a/s/a/p.... n if it is my motor that is dead, how do I get to it, and how in the hell do you take it off.... thanks guy's... Lataz