PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up this deck

88Ex-i
04-30-2002, 07:11 PM
Just got this for the car.........its the best deck I've ever had. Plus now I can make MP3 discs..........so many songs per disc......

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/Images/CarProduct2002/DEH-P7400MP.jpg

Matty_StyLz
04-30-2002, 07:39 PM
I'm all for MP3s on computers and whatnot.. but any experience I've had with MP3 decks is that if you can put 150 songs on a CD then it takes you 150 times longer to get to the song you want. Say one song you want to listen to is number 70, the next is 123, that's a lot of time to go through to get to it. Even if you do have a number pad where you can punch it, how friggon long would your playlist have to be?

Another scenario, you think your favourite song is number 69, it turns out that it's actually 67, you spend all your time floundering around trying to find it.

My oppinion is to stick to a CD changer. But again, what's one man's oppinion? In the grand scheme of thing, nothing :mad:

damackz
04-30-2002, 07:59 PM
yeah i some what agree but still a cd changer wont hold 150 songs lol but thaz one hell of a nice deck mikey! I love Pioneer!:D

88Ex-i
04-30-2002, 08:47 PM
ya, thnx........I love it......has a bunch of graphics and stuff. The only real downside to the MP3 thing, is each song takes a few seconds to load, cause it has to find the song title and artist for display, so it can take a while to scroll through a bunch of tracks.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-01-2002, 09:15 AM
well Matty i myself have a MP3 deck (Kenwood MP919) and it's awesome, you can actually put the MP3's in folders on the cd so you aren't going through a list of 150 songs. What I ended up doing was putting them in categories (alternative, techno, rap, rock, etc) You could also create folders for each artist I suppose if you had full cd's of each artist.

smufguy
05-04-2002, 07:00 PM
a pioneer???? why? i have one on my 4g and cant wait to punch that shit right thru my console. Its the most uneasy and unfunctional, crappy sounding piece of crap. I have a kenwood casset player on my 3g and that shit is soo easy to work with and the sound quality is just awsome. For some reason, i am gonna keep that casset player and may be later get a kenwood blackout face plate. and sony, are they any good too? Even the jenson my friend bought which has the mp3 option and an aux in it, sounds better. :D

88Ex-i
05-04-2002, 07:39 PM
naw, I'm not a fan of Kenwood.........I have a Kenwood amp, and its not too bad an amp, but I am quite satisfied with this deck. I'd doubt that a Jensen deck would be any better than Pioneer.......

smufguy
05-05-2002, 08:45 AM
no no i am not saying that it sounds better than the pioneer. sorry abotu that man. i was talking about how it sounded compared to my uncle's sony. Maybe cause my uncle has stock speakers hooked up to the sony and my friend ordered xplod's for the rear and blakpunt on the front. i have no clue why he ordered sony for speakers. those things dont have a slight bass, unless u crank it high. I love my bostons and they kick ass even in low volume. :)

88Ex-i
05-05-2002, 09:49 AM
oh ya man, no problem.........no offence taken.....:D
Funny you mention the sony speakers, cause I have 4 sony 6 1/2's and they are ok, but like you say, the bass is not that good from them. My subs pound, so that makes up for it.

RL89LXi
05-05-2002, 10:33 AM
I have an Aiwa CDC-MP3 deck and I love the MP3 ability on it. I usually just burn like 20 songs on a disc because like you said, it's a pain to search for 10 minutes to find the song you want. When you're only burning 20 songs, it takes like 3 minutes to burn a CD which is nice when you're in a rush and dont have 20 minutes to burn a whole CD. It's really a matter of personal preference whether you want CDRW or just regular CDs.

-Rob

88Ex-i
05-05-2002, 11:40 AM
I have started using CDRW's, cause it's easy to just keep buring over and over, but I also picked up a cheap 50 pack of CDR's, so I have lots of discs to spare.........:D

sniper556mm
05-05-2002, 12:14 PM
The deck I have is the same but a premier deck with the mp3 I think its a 93 or something, It might take a couple seconds to find a song, but how long does it take to bitch at your woman to change the cd, let alone find it if you are a person that has 300 cd's, I know carry 5 cd's broke up into different music jenres, and I carry the playlists as there are about 120 songs on each disc, they also work awesome for party music, just hit play and walk away, hopefully in the future the will fix the delay so it is instant like the cd's, but the quality and the fact I don't ever have to pay for cde's is welll worth it in my opionion :super:

HostileJava
05-07-2002, 06:25 PM
I just got the premier version of that deck yesterday and installed it. I love it. I did however blow out my right rear speaker using it. I am looking for replacements for the stock speakers anyway.

smufguy
05-07-2002, 08:20 PM
hahaha, join the team. i blew the stock rear speakers on my sis' car cranking up the volume on her 4g (well technically i drive it more than her). IT was fun, but its kinda sad that she gets new speakers but i dont. but hey, i got bostons. hehehehe. :D

Sabz5150
05-08-2002, 08:09 AM
I'd kill for an mp3 deck in my car. A good amount of my music that I listen to are trance live performances and DJ mixes. One track... 74 minutes, sometimes more. The longest one I have, called 'Night of 60,000 Beats' weighs in at seven and a half hours...

That's not fitting on an audio CD.

-5150 :bandit:

88Ex-i
05-09-2002, 08:44 PM
seven and a half hours????????????????
damn, thats a long track..........:smokin:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Sabz5150
I'd kill for an mp3 deck in my car. A good amount of my music that I listen to are trance live performances and DJ mixes. One track... 74 minutes, sometimes more. The longest one I have, called 'Night of 60,000 Beats' weighs in at seven and a half hours...

That's not fitting on an audio CD.

-5150 :bandit:

Cool man.....I am into that shit too. I ended up breaking some of my long ones up into songs, really sucks fast forwarding through those damn things lol :super: