PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!!asap!!!sos!!

gameoner
07-16-2003, 03:21 PM
i just got a new head unit a couple of days ago and it works fine, the only problem is i took it out today to hook up my equalizer ( i left all the wires connested to the head unit) and before i took it out is was working fine, the after i put it back in, it would show that it was playing a cd, but no sound was coming out. i checked and all the fuses are good, all wires are completly connected, but stil no sound. i dont even have the head unit hooked up to the equalizer yet, because when i put the head unit in it wasnt working right. what do i do?????? i need helop asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, no wires are hooked up to the eq yet, and no wires are shorting out because all the bare wires are coverd.help!!!!!!!!!!!!

NXRacer
07-16-2003, 03:25 PM
So you didnt disconnect any wires from the headunit to go to the EQ? if you plugged some wires into the EQ and didnt connect the speakers to the EQ that might be your problem.

Did you just pull out the headunit and put it back in w/out connecting or disconnecting anything? If you changed anything, you might want to undo what you did and see what happens.

Also, check simple stuff like volume, mute etc.....sometimes its the dumbest things that'll stump ya.....

gameoner
07-16-2003, 03:36 PM
all i connected was the rca wires to the pre amp outputs, thats all i did. i checked the mute and wolume and everything else, but no luck :(

NXRacer
07-16-2003, 03:58 PM
connecting the RCA's might have deactivated the speaker outputs. That doesnt usually happen, but it might have done it to your deck. what deck do you have?

gameoner
07-16-2003, 04:06 PM
its a crappy thing called road gear, im using it until i get the money to get a better one(the one i want is almost $400) my car didnt have a stereo in it when i got it, so i got the chepest thing. and even when i dissconect the rca wires, it still gets no sound. help!!! nxracer, you got aol aim?

gameoner
07-16-2003, 04:07 PM
someone that can help that has aol instant messenger, give me your sn so i aint gotta keep checkin this damn post!

hondamanlxi
07-16-2003, 04:08 PM
its just a junky head unit. Im suprised it had rca's!

gameoner
07-16-2003, 04:09 PM
or just hit me up on my sn gameoner2003