PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit??

AccordLXI89
06-11-2002, 08:11 AM
okay i was wandering if any other camber kits would fit on the 89 accord lxi because i'll be ordering coilovers very soon and need to know if any other camber kits would work or where i can order one because the only one i could find was like $400

:barf:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Their are several companies that make camber kits for our cars. Ingals(ms) and eibach would be the best know brands. You can find camber kits at these places.
www.optauto.com
www.fastfours.com
www.nopionline.com

Their is currently a debate on how low you have to go, to need rear camber correction. I can say their is a possibility that you'll need rear camber correction at drop's lower than 2". You might want to figure that into your budget.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-11-2002, 01:09 PM
I lowered mine 2.5" and didn't need a camber kit on the rear, just thought I would let ya know for future reference :D

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
I lowered mine 2.5" and didn't need a camber kit on the rear, just thought I would let ya know for future reference :D

I know, I'm paying attention to all the parties involved in the rear camber issue. But since both sides are presenting good arguments I can only advise that is is a possibility and that one should plan for that. A glorified maybe or maybe not:D
And I'm not going to take sides:rant: I'll do the political 2 step:D :stick:

DrMunky
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
You won't need camber correction in the rear unless you plan on dropping it as far as it goes.

Also, if you don't want to spend ass-loads on a kit, you could try your luck on prelude upper control arms from the same era as our car. They have adjustable camber built in (a few people here went that route).

goldyaccord
06-11-2002, 11:22 PM
I used the Prelude arms. They work great!!!!! only spent 25 bucks.

Josh

AccordLXI89
06-12-2002, 06:04 AM
okay thanx i'm making a run to the junkyard tonight i'm going to see if i can find those upper control arms off of the prelude