PDA

View Full Version : brain causing large prob

superaccord
06-11-2002, 08:18 AM
my brain is causing a large problem! down in this part of colorado, we have 2 geniouses (sp) that now anything about an import and have been in the import scene for a very long time. these guys alone can swap a b16 in 3 days. but the only thing they are wrong about is my car. they say that it would be a waste of time for me to swap a b16, and it would just be a head ach. they say there are no mounts, or harnesses made.:wtf:

k another thing. my car is giving me some real probs, almost to the point to where i am thinking about getting rid of it. but that would just pisss me off, and i have come too far to quit. its running like shit from the header, and i have some squirly ness on the highway that makes me park the car cause i am scared to drive it. I have a smashed fender along with the frame part that you mount the fender on to, and a crunched bumper, the paint job sucks, and i dont have much money. what i am asking for is help and encouragement from you fellow 3 geez, we are like a family, and have been for a while. what do i do?
thanks,
matt

88DXcoupe
06-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Never quit. Even if you are hanging on by a thred, it happens it due time. I had a SC that i loved, but was a big headache with broken parts. I sold it and hated myself every day for it. Now that the kid wrecked it, i can buy it back. Makes me wish i never would have sold it. Just because they say it's not worth a swap doesn't mean it's not worth it to you. It may not be worth it to them, but they aren't you.

Jdub07
06-11-2002, 10:25 AM
First things first dont' sell it. Maybe if the frame is bent sell it, but other than that you can get a bumper, stock header and fender from the junkyard. Just fix one thing at a time. Do the parts that you feel are most important first, then so on. Don't worry about the paint yet,...do that last wait till all the body work is done. I would check to see how much damage is done to the frame then I would get a new header, then fender then bumper. PicknPull man don't give up so easily. I have almost sold my honda so many times, we don't even need a third car, but I will not let her go.

damackz
06-11-2002, 12:20 PM
yeah dude dont give up i know how u feel, but yeah i doubt those guyz are as knowledgeable as they seem cuz everyone knows u can get mounts and wire harness fron PR :rolleyes: have patience man and in due time u will have a pimped ride that will smoke alot of cars :pimp:

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 01:33 PM
don't give up ! i know how it feels ! when some rust was startin to show up on my car i nearly lost hope and was going to sell it ! then i though what will i get instead ?? :d

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
06-12-2002, 04:27 AM
The only thing I can tell you is, it takes time and dedication. I never gave up on her untill It got recked a few weeks ago. Even now, the love that I have for these cars are undiscribable to the point that I went out there and bought another 3rd gen.

About the swap, just show them the pics of my B16 and then you can tell them "Zup now?" :rant:
I'm also gonna use PlaceRacing mounts and wire harness this time. I'll get plenty of pics.

superaccord
06-12-2002, 08:54 AM
thanks you guys, you have helped me out a lot. this bored is definatly the best. as you can tell i have, and am having lots of problems with my car, im sure you have all seen grip loads of my questions all at once on this board. as long as i get the help from you guys i will make it work. thanks everyone. and thankks oldschool.
matt

POS carb
06-12-2002, 09:12 AM
if the problem started after u got headers u should try getting heated O2 sensors

superaccord
06-12-2002, 09:14 AM
i was just wondering, would wrapping my header do any good

POS carb
06-12-2002, 09:25 AM
yea but u could screw it up. Header wrap does the most good on a car that runs lean.
Also I personally wouldn't do a B16 swap because I do't like the idea of a Civic motor hauling around a 3000+ lb Accord. :shrugs:
If your going to go the swap route go all the way and get something beefy

superaccord
06-12-2002, 09:45 AM
oldschool had a four door and his civic motor ran good times