PDA

View Full Version : WTF? 3gee Colors In Spray Paint!!!

HondaBoy
07-16-2003, 08:59 PM
i went to look at Pepboy's for something to re-chrome my headlight housing that is ruined from water. anyway, i didnt find that. i did find a color people told me would never be in spray paint. i was just looking through the touch up paints and found Champain Beige! its like $4 for a 6oz can. im going to get a few and try touching up some stuff. ill see how it works with a clear coat. if its good, then i will try doing my trim or wutever needs work. so anyone seen it? i thought that was pretty cool.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Sweet! I thought I found something close. Beige Metallic ( I sprayed silver on top of that and it turned out pretty good for my hoodscoop)

HondaBoy
07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
ah, i forgot to mention the brand. its Plasticote. i think. im pretty shur thats it. anyway, i know its not Duplicolor. i will want to try it ASAP.

Micah 89LXi
07-17-2003, 04:47 PM
duplicolor makes our paint colours in cans....i bought setattle silver fo mine..too bad my car USED to be seattle silver...>_<
autozone carried it

qh187
08-28-2003, 07:51 AM
how did this turn out? What color would my car be? Its a beige/silver color. Its an 88 lx-i hatch.

BDaccordguy
08-28-2003, 05:05 PM
i got the Champaigne Beige Metallic on special order from the local parts store. I dont remember if it was duplicolor or plasticote but it was a perfect match.

danronian
08-29-2003, 05:34 AM
I found the black pearl(granada black i believe) for my 3g at pepboys also. The only thing is they come in little half sized spray cans. Using those little cans is going to be a challenge to get a good shine on the roof and hood of my car. Just in case I bought all four cans they had on the shelf.

BDaccordguy
08-29-2003, 08:42 AM
haha, thats gonna suck having to change cans all the time. The one i got was just barely smaller than a normal sized can.

Cyric_accord
08-29-2003, 10:04 AM
they carry Granada Black Pearl(Honda black)? Good, cause I have a few rust spots that will need to be painted after being fixed... plus my rear bumber is fading and scratche to hell....

87accordlxi
08-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Paint in a can will never perfectly match what's on your car. The paint on your car has been exposed to years of harsh weather and has faded from the original color.

Cyric_accord
08-29-2003, 11:57 AM
I don't need it exact... but black enough that it will look better then orange Bondo :)