PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering. . power loss?

bboipinoy112
07-17-2003, 08:44 AM
EDIT* go down DOWN to the last post . . .. .

Bloodlust
07-17-2003, 08:52 AM
I have the same problem.. Have you ever just sat in your car, with it running, and turn your wheel (sitting still) and you feel the car start to idle really rough? I believe it does that because the power steering is sucking a good amount of power either from the engine or directly from your battery, I dont know, (mechanicals arent my specialty.. ) So I would say yes there is power loss for having power steering. Makes me think... maybe I should just take mine out...

NXRacer
07-17-2003, 08:54 AM
I cant imagine that taking OFF your powersteering belt will make you LOSE power. Something else is wrong if thats the case.

You might be able to tell a small gain in HP when you take off the belt because it is using some power, but not much.

bboipinoy112
07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
EDIT * .. Down ONE

bboipinoy112
08-11-2003, 01:07 AM
different from what i orignaly posted .. BUT ... ever since i took off my powersteering belt .. my car has been overheating since .. does this have anything to do with it ? lol .. i dont kno sorry .. im a nOOB ! but i need help .. thanks guys fer me being dumb and dealin wid my dumb ass:(

AZmike
08-11-2003, 07:47 AM
The power steering system is completely separate from the cooling system. How is the coolant level? When did you last flush the system? When was the thermostat last replaced?