PDA

View Full Version : centerforce stage1....no clutch pedal pressure

VigilantLXi
07-17-2003, 09:32 AM
ok.....i'm almost sure that my pedal shouldn't be this gay....sh!t feels dead....i got a centerforce 30% holding over stock......i put about 300miles on it and i still don't have a stiff pedal.....and i've been driving it normal not beating on it......maybe the cable or the release arm isn't right?.....and did anyone ever have the same clutch with a stiff pedal?:burn:

NXRacer
07-17-2003, 10:34 AM
my friend put in a center force in his talon and it wasnt any stiffer then my stock honda clutch.........i dont know much about clutches so i couldnt tell ya what to check. Does it slip at all or anything?

1988starter
07-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Arn't you the one that was beating on his clutch and posted the same question in the peformance section. All I can say is that when I hit 300 miles it was only a little stiffer but after about 500 it was just right and actually I have had it for over 12000 and it feels stiffer than any stock one I remember.

VigilantLXi
07-17-2003, 11:15 AM
yeah i'm the same one that posted about the clutch.....i wasn't beating on it like that i just tested alittle...lol.....but that was at first....i knew the break it process 500miles.....so i took it easy...i just don't get....i reajusted the clutch cable it was grabing way to high.......and that was about 200miles ago.....the pedal is too light.....it really feels like i got a bad clutch.....doesn't even feel like it grabs hard at all....i'm just tring to find out if thats the way its suppose to be with are cars....should it have a really light pedal like that when you get a new clutch......i'm serious starting to think that pressure plate is defected.....thats the only thing that detirmains pedal pressure on these old accords....we have cable thats it no hydrolic no clutch fluid.....my boy just put a centerforce dual friction in his eclips....it grabs good stiff pedal all that......like i said just STILL wondering if that the way its suppose to be on 89 accords...sorry 4 the long post

NXRacer
07-17-2003, 11:17 AM
i was wondering that too. when i got a new clutch it didnt seem too stiff. Do they make aftermarket pressure plates that are stiffer then stock?

VigilantLXi
07-17-2003, 11:21 AM
yeah they have a couple clutch kits.....the pressure plate that comes with it is heavy dudy.....so you put a stock clutch in your car and you had a dead pedal?

NXRacer
07-17-2003, 11:24 AM
wasnt totally dead, but there wasnt much. I was pretty dissapointed because it felt like there was nothing there. I like a good stiff pedal to show that i have a strong clutch thats gonna do something. when i put a new motor in my car i'm gonna look at getting a HD pressure plate.

VigilantLXi
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
yeah that how my pedal feels....not much there.....with my old clutch the pedal was stiff....i don't know?...i don't get it....you don't nothing too heavy duty in these cars....unless you got alot of work done to it.....stick with something mild....stage 1 or 2....act or centerforce(dual friction)....my clutch seems to suck ballz....that stage 1 30% holding over stock i dont see the difference at all

1988starter
07-17-2003, 11:53 AM
I have the centerforce DF and there is a major holding difference.

VigilantLXi
07-17-2003, 01:07 PM
they it must be sumthing elese wrong then.....its a mystry....untill i buy i new clutch they will see if theres any difference.