PDA

View Full Version : major F/I Idle problems

hondamanlxi
06-11-2002, 09:20 AM
hey guys, i just got my car back out of the shop( turns out it wasnt a tranny problem, it was a linkage problem) and i set the idle to 900rpms. when i first get going it idles at 900rpms but after a few minutesof driving the idle goes up to 1200/1500rpms when i stop at an intersection, then when i goto leave the intersection the idle just pulls me along. what could it be? vaccum lines? eacv? fast idle valve?

its an 89 lxi

hondamanlxi
06-11-2002, 09:38 AM
oh yeah its running rich too, and its fuel injected ...an accel coil will fix that

Mantis88LX
06-11-2002, 10:06 AM
hey u could also try reseting the ECU. just unplug the battery for like 15 minutes, then hook it back up, crank the car, dont push the gas or drive yet, let it idle for like 5 minutes, then shut it off wait a few seconds, crack up and go around the block and check it.

this is the best method, alot of people will tell u other ways to reset the ECU but this one work better

hondamanlxi
06-11-2002, 01:34 PM
nevermind the tv cable or throttle cable is too tight, i already have my throttle body unbolted. anything i should do while its off? im already cleaning it