PDA

View Full Version : running wires to door

89accordLXiAllAudio
07-17-2003, 06:12 PM
i recently noticed that my passenger door speaker wasnt putting any sound out, and i thought hmmmmmm these are new speakers, thats odd. so i put in another working speaker and it didnt work, i thought maybe the connection was bad, but i replaced the connectors, and its still no good. So i figure it must be the wires, so i tried giving the wires a tug, however, they seem to be pretty stuck. is there any way to run new wires to the door. i know there are a bunch of wires going to the door , but i dont know how to go about putting in another. Help me if you can. THanks

TJ89Accord
07-17-2003, 07:47 PM
did you check the connections behind the radio? I would check there first...

tim

89accordLXiAllAudio
07-23-2003, 02:47 PM
hmmm interesting, obvious, yet untried

87DXHatch
07-23-2003, 05:04 PM
I've ran new wire to both of my doors for my aftermarket speakers. The driver's side door was able to have them run almost through the stock rubber thingy. However, I could NOT figure out a way to run them through that on the passenger's side... there's the fan/blower unit in the way. If someone knows how to run wire through there, please, let the rest of us know. For now my wire goes from the kick panel on the passengers side to the door.

A Dawg Jr
07-23-2003, 05:18 PM
I was going to run new wire through my car when I get subs and my amp. Exactly how hard is it?

So is you wire expossed out side of the kick pannel, or do you have it consealed somewhere?

zero.counter
07-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Test before actually performing the hard work. Run some extra spk leads directly from the back of the H/U to both the old speaker (after pulling out of the door again) and the new one, to rule out a bad speaker. If it does in fact work on both, then your wires are prolly bad (use an ohmmeter first).

To run new speaker wire to the passenger side, I tied a peice of string to the old wire from the door end (actually made a slight splice, enough for the string to have some grip) and cut the spade ends off for a smooth pull. Fortunatly, the spk wire came out and I tied my monster cable to the other end (inside under dash) and pulled through and ended right where it should be.

87DXHatch
07-23-2003, 07:22 PM
That's a DAMN good idea... thanks!

Oh wait... I have an SE-i so the speaker wiring is different than the other trim levels... :-S maybe that won't work for me.