PDA

View Full Version : How to bleed your brakes by yourself

POS carb
07-17-2003, 07:50 PM
I feel like an asshole after buying my one-man-brake-bleeder kit, all it is is a little plastic bottle with a magnet and a hose, not even a one way valve. Basically you put the little bottle at a point higher up than the brake and hook up a hose to the bleed screw to the lid. Then you open the screw and pump your brakes until the bottle fills up (you gotta keep the cylinder full, fool :lol) so anybody can rig one of these with like a perscription bottle or something

DBMaster
07-17-2003, 08:38 PM
I like the manual vacuum pump bleeder kit. You just hook it up and pump the thing by hand right there at the wheel...easy!

AZmike
07-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
I like the manual vacuum pump bleeder kit. You just hook it up and pump the thing by hand right there at the wheel...easy!

Same here. It works great--just pump until you see the clean fluid coming through the clear tubing and move to the next corner.

1987HondaAccord
07-19-2003, 04:09 PM
I gotta get one of those....

1988starter
07-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Where did you get it I want to see what it would take to make one.

AZmike
07-20-2003, 12:39 AM
I paid about $25 for a kit at autozone that had a vacuum pump with a gauge and several hoses, fittings, adapters and a small brake fluid container.

DBMaster
07-22-2003, 08:56 AM
That's where I got mine as well. Really too cheap to mess with trying to make one of your own. It can be used for other stuff as well. I found out my distributor vacuum advance was bad using the thing.

POS carb
07-22-2003, 02:48 PM
the auto part stores here suck, they're all run by a bunch of idiots that don't know what they have or they are old as hell and under-stocked. I asked a guy at the new Auto Zone how much was an oil cooler and he goes, "what's that?"