PDA

View Full Version : Brake booster...

ahbeyra
07-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Where the hell is the line that goes to the carb for it. I cant find a single diagram or line number for it and im fairly certain that is why my car dies when i either pump the brake at a stop or brake to stop at a light or something. i want to check if it has a leak, hose off, hose dead, or any problem like that and get this puppy back on the road. if any one can give me the slightest idea that would be great.

-Kelley

A20A1
07-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Well look for the big black round can that is stuck to the side of the firewall on the driverside of the car.
It will also have the brake fluid container attatched to it. Just look for a rubber hose coming out of the black can part, that will be the brake booster hose. If you replace the hose you'll need to keep the little check valve. The check valve is connected to the brake booster line somewhere between the brake booster and the rear of the intake manifold. Reinstall the check valve facing the same direction as you removed it.

I can't remember if the hose you needed was 5/8 or 3/8 of an inch.

I'll keep an eye out for a pic to help out some more if you need.

ahbeyra
07-18-2003, 07:20 PM
would it be possible that the resevoir at the master cylinder is full, but somewhere else it isnt and that may cause the brake problem? because it seems to be in perfect working order and condition... BAH. i hate trouble shooting. well, i guess thats another project for my next day off, woohoo.

-Kelley

A20A1
07-18-2003, 09:04 PM
You mean like air in the brake lines?

If the hose isn't leaking vacuum, it's possible the seal for the brake booster diaphragm is leaking. or a different area of the intake manifold has a vacuum leak.

Don't ask me on how to go about checking and repairing the brake booster diaphragm, cause I never messed with it before.

Well i hope ya figure it out. :D

ahbeyra
07-19-2003, 05:05 AM
alrighty then, this could prove interesting. well thanks for the info.