PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Phattazz DX.

phatazzDX
06-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Hi, just bought an 88 Accord DX with a 5 speed and only 136,000 miles last night. I already flipped the lid and soon will be doing stereo, crystal headlights and paint the rear turn signals red among other things. But I was looking around and couldn't find any clear corners. Do they exsist or do we have to mod the orginals somehow? :huh:

Thanks
Chuck

87accordlxi
06-11-2002, 11:07 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104

welcome to the board. check out the FAQ and How-to

TeKKnoTeKK
06-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I think he is talking about the corner lense not the bumper lense.....I have often thought we need a how to on making a clear corner lense also, but I really am not sure if it's possible. The tails and bumpers are easy, the corners would be a real challenge.

phatazzDX
06-11-2002, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about clear fender lights, not the bumper ones, but thanks for the bumper link anyway. I didn't know about that. I did a search and found out some info on the corners. Really enjoying the site.

POS carb
06-11-2002, 03:42 PM
you can try to get a hold of some foreign ones, "Carotman" posted pics of his ni the Accord Pics section I think

A20A1
06-11-2002, 09:54 PM
My attempt at a clear corner didn't come out too well... the glue, even if it's clear glue still shows up... and you have to cut the orange bit out but not cut so deep that you damage the clear lense below because you need it to have a surface to glue the clear part in or else the glue will just fall in the cracks...

best thing would be a heat gun... but it may warp the plastic... but I'm positive the orange part will come off in time... also the lense may discolor??? I'll have to see. I only did one side... and at night it looks good :eek:

TeKKnoTeKK
06-12-2002, 07:06 AM
one side? What kinda chop shop you runnin man! :rolleyes:

A20A1
06-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
one side? What kinda chop shop you runnin man! :rolleyes:

T-H-A RACER SHOP

TOTALY HALF A$$ :D

88LXiHB
06-12-2002, 11:51 PM
I made clear corners, it wasn't too hard...http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/dunno.gif

NixZero
06-14-2002, 04:58 PM
I keep seeing everyone one here with clear corner lenses, and I want to mod mine that way, but no one has posted an extensive how-to on it and I would rather do my own than order some. I really want blue corner lenses, is it possible to paint them blue once they've been cleared out? If not, I can get blue bulbs, I suppose... Either way, how do you make clear corner lenses?!?!?!?