PDA

View Full Version : eq question

gameoner
07-18-2003, 04:49 PM
i have a problem with my eq. when i hook up the rca wires to the inputs on the eq, all the other speakers go out. are there any other wires i can hook up to the inputs of the eq to make it work??this shit is getting frustrating:mad: i heard that i could hook the power attena from the head unit to the eq for the input, and i tried it but it didnt work. i need to know what wires i can hook run from the head unit to the eq inputs. would any of the speaker output wires work?? i need help asap! its worked before when i had it hooked up to my stock head unit when i first got the car (the tape player) all i did was run some of the speaker outout wires to the eq, but its not working with the headunit i have now. and the equalizer i have is an old sparkomatic brand that is good, and it was free. i know it works, im just having problems hooking it back up to my new head unit. help!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

87DXHatch
07-18-2003, 07:31 PM
More info please... link to the EQ, model number, etc... I can't tell you how it's supposed to work without reading how it's supposed to work.

Is the EQ directly connected to speaker wires? Or does it send the EQ'd signal to an amp?

gameoner
07-18-2003, 07:38 PM
straight to the speaker wires

gameoner
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
help!im going on a roadtrip and i need sounds!!!

87DXHatch
07-19-2003, 05:43 PM
If you need sounds, and the EQ isn't working, you should try hooking your speakers straight up to your HU...

What it sounds like is this:
Your RCA's to the EQ are fine for the inputs... however, I'll bet your power/REM/ground are messed up... try splicing the power off the HU's power, the ground off the HU's ground, and then running a remote wire from the remote turn on on the HU.

gameoner
07-19-2003, 07:33 PM
tried hooking the speakers straight to the hu, but nothing gets any sound. i know the hu is good, an di know my speakers are good, everything is new. its all hooked up right, and the hu is working. what could it be????:mad: :rant: :mad:

87DXHatch
07-19-2003, 10:33 PM
The only thing I can think of:

You have a short somewhere in the HU wiring... in the speaker wiring. This would cause the HU's internal amp to shut off to protect itself, provided it had this feature.

Other than that, I'm stumped :confused:

gameoner
07-20-2003, 07:42 AM
well, my hu is working again, its weird i just turned the car on and it worked.hmm........maybe its posessed........ but i cant hear if the eq is diong its juob, i move the sliders and everything sounds the same. maybe i got it hooked up wrong? any suggestions?